Any advice on East Euro ride?

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Europe, Africa, & Middle East' started by the venturer, Jun 16, 2021.

1. the venturer

the venturer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi all. In mid July, I am into setting off for an East European Tour including Bulgaria, Romania, Moldova, Transnistria, Ukraine, Belarus and Russia's Kaliningrad. Have no idea which road to take on way back? Which cities should I see on way and back? Any idea, advice and track sharing would be greatly appreciated. Safe rides you all.
    Rusty2000 likes this.
  2. Rusty2000

Rusty2000 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Transfargen in Romania is a must!
  3. the venturer

the venturer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thx but done that twice. I want to spend all my energy riding up North using backroads with scenery.
  4. Rusty2000

Rusty2000 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Moldavia can be avoided. Grotty country riddled with corruption. Roads are atrocious. Police stop at will and extract 'fines' from foreigners. Asking for a receipt will get you assaulted!
    the venturer likes this.
  5. the venturer

the venturer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Years ago was there. Never had any issues maybe i was lucky. Even a Gagaus origin officer helped me cross border without any hassle. Transnistrian backroads seem really exciting and are worth taking risks. Riding itself is risky, though. I do agree with you on road conditions. Same with Ukraine and drivers are awful. Too careful on road, with using brakes all the time. Roads with potholes and irregular patches may nag other drivers but for us bikers they sgould be fine, keppimg us alert. Thanks for your comment.