Any changes for the 05 KTM 950 ?

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by Renazco, May 5, 2004.

1. Renazco

Renazco Formerly AKA Boejangles

Oddometer:
    Does anybody know of any changes planned for the KTM 950 particularly on the body work? While I have some time on my hands I'm planning on building a PD replica bike, just the paint scheme. Something like this..
  2. jdiaz

jdiaz .

Oddometer:
    They'd better have the FI Duke 990 motor, because that's what I'm waiting for.

Jon
  3. Renazco

Oddometer:
    :eek1 Shoot that thing is fast enough the way it is already, wouldn't surprised me if they went that route and although I love FI I like to keep things simple on adventure bikes or should I say, something I'm more familiar working on.
  4. K2ride

K2ride Single track mind!

Oddometer:
    I have no idea about the future 05 adventure but your PD replica project is what I`m planning to do next winter while keeping the stock S suspension.

The real challenge is to custom make those rear fuel tanks with something else than nylon & fabricate the ``headers`` for the single exhaust can!

The rest (rear subframe, front & rear fenders, seat, lighting...) is not to difficult or expensive to mod/fab.
    One thing that I still can`t get my hands on is those KTM orange handguards SPOILERS ! :bluduh

Please keep us posted on your ideas on the PD replica! :thumb
  5. Renazco

Oddometer:
    I think I seen some of those orange handguards in Ricardo's apartment, I know I have some of the black ones in my garage just waiting for the right bike :wink: . I'll go through my rolodex of photos and see what theme I'll go with but more than likely that blue is really nice.
    Any body else have any photos of PD bikes?
  6. Mack

Mack Gone, but never forgotten. RIP, Mack...

Oddometer:
    boejangles, love the concept, but I sure hope your not going to do a cigarette company motiff! :puke1

I say keep improving the bike, move some weight aft, add 1.5 gallons, OEM optional bumm tank would be nice, and produce it in another version with the 19/17 combo with nice tucked in aerodynamic bags, or maybe a ST version with 17/17. (The latter really does not appeal to me, and would possibly compete with the Duke, but if it would sell....) And 950cc is plenty.
  7. JediBri

JediBri Glory to GOD

Oddometer:
    There are good quality 2004 'autograph cards' at ktmusa.com under Community>Autograph Cards>Rally.

Brian
  8. Renazco

Oddometer:
    No cigarette adds for me, that's almost as bad as doing the Marlboro add :puke1
    Got a stick with a 21" to get me out of the loose stuff and above the ruts :wink:
  9. markjenn

markjenn Long timer

Oddometer:
    Fuel injection has been widely rumored. I think when the day is done, it is more reliable and rejetting by a notebook computer is so much easier than tearing the bike half apart to replace three or four bits of brass that interact in voodoo science, putting it all back together, riding it, and starting all over again.

Carbs are like CRTs and VCRs - once you've sampled the replacement, you never want to go back. I doubt I'll buy another new bike with carbs.

- Mark
  10. XRV Gud

XRV Gud Guest

This is how I would change mine,, if I had one..

regards XRV Gud 12yrs

Attached Files:

• LC8c.jpg
      LC8c.jpg
      File size:
      71.6 KB
      Views:
  11. BlownCJ

BlownCJ dangerous rider ?

Oddometer:
    voooo doooooooo science rocks ............. :thumb im thinking fcrs on mine

Barry
  12. Lc8er

Lc8er Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    For some good rally pics try www.ktmimages.com and search for 950. the repsol bike is nice but if I would probably go for the redbull scheme of maybe the original silver/orange of the winning bike. The fag packet dosn't really do it for me but at least you can pretend your Rossi !
    :freaky