Any Inmates into House Swapping?

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by AdamChandler, Mar 16, 2021.

1. AdamChandler

AdamChandler Ascending n00b

Oddometer:
    In the month of May and November, I have the opportunity in my calendar to work from anywhere in the USA with only a few states excluded.

I live on a lake in New Hampshire and have 4 ski mountains within an hour drive (2 are pretty close) and high speed internet, modern home, 2 bedroom and it's a really nice place, renovated fully in 2016. I was thinking of doing a 1 month vacation rental elsewhere but now I'm thinking maybe there's an opportunity to swap with an inmate who wants to ride around Vermont or New Hampshire for 2-4 weeks and I'll get to enjoy their area for a bit. I do have a dog...and he does shed but he's old and boring and sleeps about 18 hours a day. My place isn't child friendly but teens would be fine.

Anyone interested in taking me up on a swap? Feel free to send a PM.
  2. TurkeyRun

TurkeyRun Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    In your timeframe, no.

That said, what a great thread/idea!

:lurk
    AdamChandler likes this.
  3. CA-Cincinnatus

CA-Cincinnatus Semi-retired GI-Bill student, husband, GSD-host Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey, Adam! As a former Cow Hampster resident (Nashua), greetings from California! Yeah, great idea! :thumb

I'm thinking you should list the excluded states just to prevent some disappointment... :D
    Dan D. likes this.
  4. szurszewski

szurszewski Long timer

Oddometer:
    Same as above - May, definitely not and November probably not...BUT in general I could be interested. Our place isn’t fancy, but the views are great - two bedrooms and all that normal house stuff, good garage(s) to park the bike in and we’re right at the bottom of Puget Sound. That means close to Mt. Rainier NP (we can see the mountain from the breakfast table), right at the base of the Olympic Peninsula, close to lots of good street and dirt roads...
  5. AdamChandler

Oddometer:
    Here are the list of states we can work remotely from up to 90 calendar days per year in 2021:

[​IMG]

I drew arrows to the ones that were 'preferred'

We must have reliable Internet + Cell Phone service & be able to work on eastern time zone from 8-4 every day....and of course, inform HR. The list is based on where we have LLCs/S-corps (not sure which one my company is) so that the proper tax filing can be done at end of year.
  6. AdamChandler

Oddometer:
    West coast may be a bit harder for us but I'm not opposed to going out west.

It's a cozy place, about 5 miles off the Northeast BDR, lake front if you have a jet-ski you can anchor it and of course tools, a lift etc for bikes. IT's just the two of us plus a dog.

The issue really is the schedule. I think we'll have time in June, July & august as well so don't let that scare you away. September & early October are out unfortunately.

I joined this house swapping site but I need to improve the photos - https://www.lovehomeswap.com/home-e...-lake-house-in-the-mountains-of-new-hampshire
  7. Chotu

Chotu Lifan x-pect

Oddometer:
    Wish this one was happening for winter months.

I could have traded you some warm sunshine in Florida for ice cold NH weather.

Girlfriend and I have been itching to do some snowboarding one of these winters and I grew up in NH too. So those are my home mountains.

My high school girlfriend’s dad was ski patrol at your closest mountain. Sunnapee!
    Dan D. and AdamChandler like this.
  8. AdamChandler

Oddometer:
    Work just announced this program but I’d be happy to do it this winter and extend riding into January.
  9. Chotu

Chotu Lifan x-pect

Oddometer:

Definitely! I think you make like the accommodations here too! Waterfront
    AdamChandler likes this.
  10. cyberdos

cyberdos Easy Bonus Loop ♦♦

Oddometer:
    You may want to rethink your preference for Arizona during that time. It's gets hottt down here during that time making exploring these areas rather unbearable unless chose rim country like Payson or Flagstaff.

This is a fantastic idea but my wife would never go for it. :lol3

If you do get out here hit me up for riding suggestions.
    AdamChandler likes this.
  11. dino702

dino702 OFF2BFE

Oddometer:
    Vegas here, great idea if I can get the wife on board. I too could work remotely.
    AdamChandler likes this.