Any Med Hatters alive and kicking?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by BecaBoo, Aug 6, 2019.

1. BecaBoo

BecaBoo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Seems like a dry area. Who is up for a ride or a hello?
  2. vince82

vince82 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not me, but saw this at a local shop while changing tires :) IMG_20190727_103821.jpg
    BecaBoo likes this.
  3. BecaBoo

BecaBoo Long timer

Oddometer:
    I dont understand.

Why anyone would do that to a bike.

I just end up feeling confused.

;)
  4. vince82

vince82 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Some disability maybe? Dunno.
  5. Maggot12

Maggot12 U'mmmm yeaah!!

Oddometer:
    Fucks a med hatter ??
  6. fredgreen

fredgreen let's take it apart....

Oddometer:
    medicine hat
    Maggot12 likes this.
  7. Lycan1

Lycan1 Grizzly herder

Oddometer:
    They are what you would call a CFA....

Not to be confused with a Meth Adder.
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  8. Night_Wolf

Night_Wolf Leg Humper

Oddometer:
    As soon as I hear from the local Moto Guzzi dealer, The_Filly & myself plan on making a trip down to see the new Moto Guzzi V85 TT; we are 3 hrs away in Okotoks
    BecaBoo likes this.
  9. BecaBoo

BecaBoo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Dont get it. Is that some cryptic speak?
  10. The Maz

The Maz Clueless and lost

Oddometer:
    My 800 GSA is down for a bit
  11. BecaBoo

BecaBoo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well, nice to meet ya GSA. Hope she ain't down for too long. I hear Canadian winters are long. I dont know what the riding season is like. There's a DR650 and KTM690 Enduro in town. Posted something up on another forum about maybe a burger nite at The Garage. Another fella responded. New to riding it seems but keen. I figure 4 could be a decent chow nite and a ride. Already explored cypress and there's more down there. Very pretty. Seems some of those trails are closed though. Give a shout if interested.
  12. BecaBoo

BecaBoo Long timer

Oddometer:
    I see your a Grom rider. Fun bike. Rented one a while back. Put a smile on my face. You're added quite a bit. Anything to the engine?
  13. Night_Wolf

Night_Wolf Leg Humper

Oddometer:
    Yes have a pair of the Groms, the 2017 belongs to The_Filly (my little lady) once she got her license last summer. So I had to pick up another for myself :lol3 & grabbed a 2018 model in mid October for a good price. You are right, they are a fun bike to ride; it's the least powerful of the 3 others in the garage, but a blast to ride.

I have 143 cc Big Bore Kits on hand to install, but was unemployed until recently, so no spare cash for the fuel management, which needs to be done when installing the BBK, & is typically not cheap (depending upon which route you go) Now that I am gainfully employed again, I plan on catching up on some bills & doing the work over the winter. I'm only installing the BBK kits as this close to the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, I loose too much speed climbing the hills around here. Can see an actual 100 kmh down a long hill, but drop to 60 up the other side. Hoping I can get the bike to hold 85 kmh - 95 kmh up those hills & if so, I'll take them further afield
  14. BecaBoo

BecaBoo Long timer

Oddometer:
    It has the makings of a small backroad scratcher. At least that's what I did with its 125cc engine. Up hills was a problem but it makes it exciting when you dont have enough power with trucks coming up on you. ;) Amazing, you can get the same jollies with a 50cc doing 30mph or a 1200 doing 130. Depends on how you ride it. If I had extra cash, Id buy one. I was bike less but in biking country a while back and feeling lonely. Just so happens Google is your friend and a bike rental place was close by. I took my chances to see if they had a lowered DRZ. They didnt. I had the choice of one of them 3 wheeled spiders or a Grom. Grom it was. 100 miles later..had it not been for the seat..I would have done another 100. All day long. Much fun on small twisty backroads. I could see getting a kit in one for sure out where you live. Every person I've run into who rides one has the same grin when talking about it. Same goes with the DR650 crowd. They are just fun bikes to ride.
    I've done a fair bit of long distance on low cc's but out East. Western North America is slightly more problematic. The speed limits are higher and many many fewer roads to pick from. Lower cc and route planning is a must. I have a DR but already thinking something else. Doesnt quite fit the terrain out here. Anyway, there's a bike for every road and trail and mood and day of the week. Grom is a good one though. Could never own one in the city. They'd be gone in 5 minutes with an angle grinder. But my situation has changed. I'm in the land of the prairies now.
  15. Night_Wolf

Night_Wolf Leg Humper

Oddometer:
    It's all in the "attitude" you take when throwing a leg over any bike :deal ; The_Mistress aka the billet barge isn't ridden as hard through the curves as the CB 500X or even the Grom(s). Typically I take a "liberal" view of the speed limit signs on the CB :hmmmmm, while the little Grom will never see those speeds, so it's gets tossed into the corners at whatever speed I can attain :lol3 It is nice having a choice on what I want to take & what mood I'm in :hmmmmm

Where did you live "back east"
  16. BecaBoo

BecaBoo Long timer

Oddometer:
    NYC.
    Speed limits are a funny thing. West Virginia has the most liberal corner recommendations..like a 35mph is pretty close but in Tennessee it seems very conservative....more like lets just round up some numbers. I wonder whose job it is to set the corner speeds and why is a 15 always a 15? Havent done much exploring of Canada. Alberta and some of B.C. I'm not used to the straight so me and the better half are looking to head West some more eventually. I'd like access to mountains. Came from the bush up north to the flatlands. Quite the change.
    P.s. I gotta get used to the kph vs mph.
  17. Night_Wolf

Night_Wolf Leg Humper

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately you have a bit of a hike to get to good roads from The Hat. We are about 30 minutes from some spectacular riding roads, even grave; if you like that stuff (I'm not a fan)

I lived in Toronto for 23 yrs & ran many nice roads down through NY, PA, NC, Ohio, Tennessee, Kentucky, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan. Haven't ridden any of the Canadian Territories, but have all Provinces except Manitoba & Nfld

My one bike (The_Mistress) came out of the US & has MPH & KMH (thankfully I am ok doing the mental conversions)
  18. BecaBoo

BecaBoo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Did you import bike yourself or buy it already imported from south of the border?
    Been reading up on how to import which is something I'm going to have to do. I'm weary of forum advise. Trucked a US bike in a canadian pick up across border. Easy peasy the advise was. Just have all your paperwork. Yer, total disaster. Border gave me a really hard time, thought I was importing the bike which was not the case at the time. I must have gotten the hungover border guy cause he was a dick. Ended up having to ride bike out while recovering from a serious wreck. I only came north to put bike back together and recover some. Got some sort temporary import paper. I'm very weary of the crossing these days. Whole US Canada border gone to shit since the orangutan took office. Anyway, long story and that was a while back. I gotta import bike now. Situation changed. Looks like I'm sticking around.
  19. Night_Wolf

Night_Wolf Leg Humper

Oddometer:
    Purchased from a local dealer, who had a load of bikes coming in from the US. There is a "sticky" thread here inthe Canada forum, on importing a bike from the US
  20. BecaBoo

BecaBoo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ha, yer..that's the sticky that gave me the armchair advise before!
    I've learnt over the years, unless I've sat at a table with you and broken bread, unless I've seen how you keep your garage and bikes, unless I've ridden with ya...you're a potential idiot. There's alot people on this forum sitting in a pair of crusty underwear behind a computer. There are a few people who are the bees knees. Everyone else is in the undecided category. This is a good policy to have in life. Keeps the riff raff from your table or messing up your ride. ;)
    Night_Wolf likes this.