Any News on Empulse TT or Empulsw R?

Discussion in 'Electric Motorcycles' started by EIGuy, Nov 22, 2018.

1. EIGuy

EIGuy Committed/Addicted F800GSA, Beta 350RR, HP2E

Oddometer:
    I have been enjoying mine since 2016 and zero issues (Ha, get it?)

Just curious if this brand or model will come back to market now that Victory is no longer??

EIGuy
  2. ctromley

ctromley Long timer

Oddometer:
    If Polaris has your typical 'don't stick your neck out' management mindset, they will probably wait to see how HD's Livewire is received by the press - and then how it actually sells. And how HD's other new ICE releases sell. Polaris would love to see HD fail, and to anyone with any business sense it is apparent that HD is in a very risky phase right now. Business people do not like change because it's risky, and HD's near-term future is all change. If HD sputters, even completely unrelated to the Livewire, Polaris doesn't need an EM.

If Polaris is more forward-thinking, they've seen the handwriting on the wall concerning EVs. They would have started a major re-design of the Empulse, focusing more on real-world functionality than Flash Gordon posturing (which is more HD's demographic) and would be ready soon to release a model that is both head-on competitive with Zero and is as convertible to a variety of versions as Zero's platform is. They would have evaluated the Livewire pre-production demo models by now, so have a decent idea of what they're up against in the street bike market, and might be tweaking accordingly.

Bottom line, who knows? Frankly I think Polaris is more likely to see an EM as pretty small potatoes in the grand scheme of things and will take the former approach. I'd love to be proven wrong.
  3. EIGuy

EIGuy Committed/Addicted F800GSA, Beta 350RR, HP2E

Oddometer:
    I would like to think Polaris is playing it safe not risking much in today's uncertain market.

I do enjoy this "flavour" Brammo has brought to market over the Zero or Harley offerings (much sportier). Coming into third season with the bike and No issues. Batteries still reflecting original advertised range so hopefully this is a reflection of a long term, reliable relationship...

Just wishing for others to ride with?

EIGuy