Any Perth rides this weekend?

Discussion in 'Australia' started by eldavo, Mar 8, 2007.

1. 2volts

2volts Rocket Surgeon

Oddometer:
    The 8am crew wasn't as impressive in numbers but the quality was evident. Pete, Mike and Ian on 640Adv's and Robin on his HP2. Out beyond Pickering Brook, heaps of good tracks and trails, eventually got to Nth Bannister for early lunch, we split up there, Mike and Ian headed home and Pete and Robin went to Dwellingup, more top tracks (must always thank Steve Explore for showing me Summer Track), Scarp Rd across the dam, stayed on Scarp, a nice section there downstream from Serpentine Dam, eventually coming out near Jarrahdale. A beautiful day for riding, perfect temperature, just a wee bit dusty (a lot dusty actually). Bring on the rain, we surely need it. Too many dry and dusty paddocks.

pete
  2. mike cramb

mike cramb Long timer

Oddometer:
    Had a good morning very happy that all my broken bits are healed up and dont give me any trouble. Im a bit rusty after a few weeks off but wont take long to fix that. The bike is going great after the jetting and other changes very easy to ride in tight stuff now and pulls 165kliks easy even with the 15 tooth sprocket, many thanks to Desmonc.

Look forward to some more decent rides in the next few weeks , thanks to Pete Robin and Ian for a great day.

Ian forgot to give you your CD which I have copied thankyou let me know how to return it.

MIKE:D
  3. thumper gman

thumper gman GLEN

Oddometer:
    dave is this something your thinking about ,holly fuel tanker bat man

Attached Files:

4. eldavo

eldavo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the ride guys, it was nice to put a couple more faces to names, and a good ride. In attendance:
    - thealien ('07 DR650) Richard
    - Dr Fish ('05 DR650) Sagiv
    - thumper gman (KLR650) Glen
    - <forgot alton's username> (TA650?) Alton, looking newer than last time!
    - explore (NX650) Steve
    - Rusky (F650GS Dakar) Alex
    - eldavo ('06 DR650) David
    - BigRhody (apologies) Chris

My pics here:
    http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b7/tillis/DR/070311-Flynn/

No major incidents and everyone got back OK, AFAIK. I had a great time :ricky, nice bike chat amongst the group at the stops. Great weather, nice breeze.

As for the minor incidents
    - Rusky overshot a sandy turn and the Dakar's fall was cushioned by the big lumps of wood amongst the sand. Steve and Sagiv helped get the most technologically advanced bike in the group back up and out.
    - Steve's Dominator was being a bit funny, and after Steve helped pull Rusky out of the bush, upon restart Steve's bike sympathetically stopped. Battery earth loose/disconnected, quickly fixed. He also powerslid onto his side on the steep hill climb, I hope the knee is OK.
    - While asking Glen if he wanted to stop on the rocky outcropping for a photo, Sagiv answered by putting the DR down on the right side, rather than the left ;) So we stopped for photos :clap
    - Glen was the victim of a racial hate-crime, a blackboy grabbing his rear brake lever and toes in boot atop lever, 'braking' it at the lower bracket mount. DR650 owners discussed the meaning of life while Steve returned the mechanic's assistance favour and helped Glen with it.
    - Alton's bike had no known incident, thankfully, it's so schmick I'm sure he was on the way home to win a show award!
    - I managed no incident with a helping hand from Steve when I was stuck holding the bike at 45degrees on the short hill climb.

A lot of fun for half a day of riding, heaps more I'm keen to explore out there! I'm sure there'll be some good pics coming from the other guys :) Thanks for the company.
  5. AusStealth

AusStealth Bohican

Oddometer:
    PM sent. Nice ride and my fitness has improved enough to pick up the bike unassisted,....wunnerful :clap Followed up this arvo with 280kms on four wheels, that was not so much fun as the only dirt was crossing roadworks!
  6. thumper gman

thumper gman GLEN

Oddometer:
    dave attempting to fly (more power scotty)

Attached Files:

7. thumper gman

thumper gman GLEN

Oddometer:
    dave and alex centre of the soup bowl

Attached Files:

8. thumper gman

thumper gman GLEN

Oddometer:
    steve gets the award for best bush mechanic of the year :freaky im glad he is coming with us on the holland track . this is my klr after fighting with a blackboy broken mount

Attached Files:

9. thumper gman

thumper gman GLEN

Oddometer:
    after we picked the bm up we started to talk about bike wait the bm won as the biggest of the group

Attached Files:

10. thumper gman

thumper gman GLEN

Oddometer:
    allway good views when riding in our hills

Attached Files:

11. thumper gman

thumper gman GLEN

Oddometer:
    :d

Attached Files:

12. thumper gman

thumper gman GLEN

Oddometer:

Attached Files:

13. thumper gman

thumper gman GLEN

Oddometer:
    plenty of gravel and plenty fun with no back brakes still kept up a good pace tho cant stop a bloke havin fun on gravel

Attached Files:

14. thumper gman

thumper gman GLEN

Oddometer:
    dr fish on( a yellow dr i love that colour on the dr )going around one of the many fallin trees

Attached Files:

15. thumper gman

thumper gman GLEN

Oddometer:
    a bit of self promotion :D

Attached Files:

16. sandgroper

sandgroper Long timer

Oddometer:
    While testing my new recovered bike seat near greenbushes i got stung by a bee on the leg, doh' is that why you wear long pants:eek1 pulled over and took two 6mg of anti histamines, after 3 hours the swelling and itchiness stopped but i was rat shit for the rest of the night and still a bit groggy after 24 hours.
    Ed
  17. thumper gman

thumper gman GLEN

Oddometer:
    end of the ride gathering more dr talk. thanks for the ride boys days like these a good for learning new skills and refreshing your skills from the riding and giving each other advice so to new guys come out once in a while its great fun :D

Attached Files:

18. explore

explore Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    hi guys great ride Sunday

it was good to catch up with everyone, its been a couple of months since ive been up that way, an nice to meet some new adv riders, some good photos as well, my photos are basically duplicates an didn't come out to good so shan't be posting them ,i think a new camera is on the wish list,, the dommi is still running shit so ill be pulling it apart this weekend to t source the problem , ive posted up a thread in thumpers to see if any one has any ideas what's causing it before i start pulling it apart, so if any one has any ideas hears the link :

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211678

cheers

STEVE
  19. GreenPat

GreenPat Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sounds like you guys had fun, I'm jealous. My day consisted of colliding with jellyfish and other invertebrates (or were they other competitors) in the great tasting swan river, then waiting way too long for a cafe breakfast. Then I broke up with my gf.

Wish I'd been out there instead.
  20. eldavo

eldavo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yeah it was the best fun I've had on the bike to date I think, sorry to here about your bad no-riding day. I was considering not riding this weekend, but now I think it might be a bad idea not to!

I have added a few more photos, Rusky's snaps of my jump near the beginning. The first time was just warming up, but turned out the highest because Richard said "we were wondering which tree you were going to hit" so after that I was looking right at one of the trees :freaky
    http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b7/tillis/DR/070311-Flynn/