Any Perth rides this weekend?

Discussion in 'Australia' started by eldavo, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Vince_WA

Vince_WA Rides badly :)

Oddometer:
    Mate it goes like this - I ran out of time to fit the Barkbusters, so now not only do I need to find the time the fit them, but first up I need to also replace the brake lever and the throttle tube - but at least I caught it on video :evil

... unfortunately however I ran out of batteries before we pushed and shoved the DR650 up the clay hill, stood back in awe as the 640 Adventurer conquered the same hill with graceful aplomb, and before I fell off 1/2 way thru a water crossing whilst showing the other guys how not to do it (and that footage would have been very funny to watch!).
  2. Vince_WA

Oddometer:
  3. dr trebor

dr trebor Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So this sunday or sat might be better for some ?Seen as how been sick been out and found some new tracks...gotta do something on sick days .Was thinking a ride to lancelin for a bit of sand practice Sometime, plus you can go the whole way on the powerline track Didnt some you guys do that a while Ago?:D
  4. sir phily

sir phily Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sounds good to me Rob sunday would be great for me, Vince has done a great job with the photos sorry but i cant seem to get mine to work its something to do with the settings on our computer we use the work one and they have all these blocks on it to restrict things we can do.
  5. Vince_WA

Oddometer:
    I'm planning on an easy ride this Sunday morning 19th July, meeting some friends @ 9am at the Kalamunda Shell and probably roughly following last weeks' route minus Rob's Cliff of Despair and Hill Climb of Hopelessness, and maybe not all the way to York :D

Next Sunday I'm tied up - spectating at my nephews' motocross race meeting (go the CRF250!).
  6. bully1

bully1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    tempting , tempting not sure what the plans are at this stage. could be a starter ,doing some work on the luggage carrying on the PIG ready for Paynes Find/ Perenjori weekend

Hey Vince, Rob, Konrad probably gunna have a bit of a get together at my place sunday 2/08 to discuss 8-9/08 weekend with a lot of the guys from central road trip as well. Vince can you let your mates who are thinking of coming as well and I'll give you a call with my address. couple of beers, sausage on the bbq, shed racing, shit talking etc.:freaky
  7. Vince_WA

Oddometer:
    Hi Bully - if you're bringing the 1200 we might send you down Rob's shortcut, we'll take the long way round, and we can see who gets to the bottom first :-)

2nd August sounds great - I'll keep that free!
  8. bully1

bully1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    yeah be in the arvo bring whoever is interested and the bride ( if you have one) make it a social occasion
  9. bully1

bully1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    gotta bring the PIG, no KLR in the shed she's gone but will be on the Paynes Find and Great Central trip.

Got the destination for the next DESERT RAID in 2011 need to book a week off work and figure out a route to and from NEALE JUNCTION. great pick from Robin and crew to make the fuel requirments interesting should be fun.
  10. Hill Billy

Hill Billy Part-time Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Bugger.
    I went there this year.
    It seems I was a couple of years too early.
    Tis a nice spot and some first class tracks to get there.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cheers
    Howard.
  11. bully1

bully1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Howard you've got nearly 2 years to plan a return visit. After viewing your report to and from Carnegie I'm sure that given the time frame you'll plan an awsome trip to get there (Neale junction). I've probably got 1/2 dozen riders ready to go next week ( I know I am)
  12. sander

sander Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No birthdays and no family visits. bike is running as far as I know. Cool looks like I should be able to make it. :clap

The shell is that on Canning rd?
  13. Vince_WA

Oddometer:
    Hi Sander - Google Maps says its on Canning Road, but I thought it was more like Mead Street which runs off Canning Road, though perhaps I'm splitting hairs ... catch ya tomorrow k!
  14. Pejie

Pejie old rider

Oddometer:
    neale junction. having trouble finding fuel within 250km? or am i not trying hard enough.
    Howard maybe in 2013 they can pick somewhere where you haven't been

your kitchen maybe:hide
  15. KTM Pilot

KTM Pilot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bully, sounds good - have penciled it in.
    Cheers

Konrad

16. Hill Billy

Hill Billy Part-time Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Gee that's a bit harsh isn't it.

No, You are not trying hard enough.
    Ilkurlka has fuel and it's only about 180 k's away.
    The fact that you have to travel about 500 k's to get there is not relevant , surely
  17. Pejie

Pejie old rider

Oddometer:

Hi howard, It was a bit harsh that's why it took me 24hrs to post it & i hid behind a brick wall. But the thought came to me straight away. You know, anything for a laugh.

now I just have to find ilkurlka on a map & start dreaming. photos look good btw
  18. Vince_WA

Oddometer:
    Hi Sander - hope you get this before you head off to Kalamunda (sorry I don't have a more diret means of contacting you) - I've chatted to everyone else re the weather conditions and the group consensus is to give the ride this morning a miss. Hope this doesn't put you out to much.
  19. Mezo

Mezo Banned

Oddometer:
    I just sent him a text message just in case he was sat there at the servo in Kalamunda waiting for you ??

Mezo.
  20. sir phily

sir phily Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks like Sander and I are the only ones who got the message to late, about the ride being cancelld dose'nt matter we had a great ride got a bit wet otherwise it was great, Sander got a bit tired at one stage and laid down for a rest then nealy drowned in another hole, home by lunch.
    See Ya All on the next ride.
    (PS big girls )