Any riders around Alberta/Rockies...

Discussion in 'Canada' started by advridergirl, Jan 17, 2006.

1. advridergirl

advridergirl Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Any riders ever gather around in Alberta for rides? Any recommendations for cool day/weekend rides within distance of Edmonton?

B.C.'s always a good bet...been through the mountains, into BC and up to Alaska and will do them again. Haven't done much in the way of forestry roads/off road yet but looking forward to it.

Thanks
    Jacqui
  2. JimmieA

JimmieA Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great group here called Alberta Dual Sports Motorcycle Club. Members get togeather a half dozen times (or more) in the summer and camp and ride. There are active members in Calgary and Edmonton and other areas but most are in those places. For the bush rides a light bike is a must, there are some big Adventure bikes like yours in the group and these guys do go for rides too.

Where are you located?

http://ca.groups.yahoo.com/group/AlbertaDualSportMotorcycleClub/messages
  3. advridergirl

advridergirl Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks Jimmie. I've looked around their website some and got some info at the show last weekend. Might have to come out for a 2 Wheel Tuesday.

Jacqui
  4. Stand Up

Stand Up Ride non-painted roads

Oddometer:
    We'll have to go for a ride this spring and just compare our two bikes. I did 16,000 km last summer - 6,000 km of that was off HWY. Check my posts from last summer. This year we plan to explore NW of Calgary and we should try to meet up. There was talk of rides based out of Sylvan or Buffalo Lakes...so stay tuned. Check BC Dual Sport...there's a ride from N Calif to Wash. 750 miles of back road riding. I also want to do the great divide ride in mid Aug. only if I can go in a group. Last year I did the high speed street school put on by the Calgary Motorcycle Racing Association.... 3 days - 8 hrs track time going as fast as you want to go!!!! I did it in the rain last year and will go again this year.
    Keep in touch
    Stand Up
    [​IMG]
    This is my fovorite route to Nelson.