Any Seattle rides this saturday?

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by gentry, Apr 5, 2005.

1. gentry

gentry For Reasons Unknown...

Oddometer:
    Guaglione: Dood - itll just be sweeter when you get to ride.

Im a'gunna be at the ferry @ 8 with a full tank. Thats aboot all I know but Im ridin'.
  2. BajaDave

BajaDave Crazy Bastard

Oddometer:
    Johnny, didn't you guys veer off of 23 onto the road that goes up past the viewpoint and drops down by Satsop lakes? That's much steeper and windier than 23 itself. But you guys have a lot of ground to cover, so it's not my call.

If FS23's too slow, there's a better more direct route on mostly pavement than the Cloquallum Rd. route. Shelton Matlock-Deckerville-FS2153 to Wynoochee/FS22. Dumps you onto FS22/Wynoochee Rd 5 miles from the lake. I doubt it would be more than a few minutes longer than Cloquallum/Satsop Cloquallum, and FS2153 would be more scenic. It's a lowland forest road so no waterbars to contend with, though it's curvy.

Don't make your decisions based on my preferences guys... I'm a dirt lover and will be making a much smaller loop than you guys. I've got the return trip to get it outa my system. :evil
  3. Johnny Drunkard

Johnny Drunkard Todo utz

Oddometer:
    There's a boat @ 7:55a & one @ 8:40a? Which one, 8:40 run?
  4. Johnny Drunkard

Johnny Drunkard Todo utz

Oddometer:
    Sorry you can make it L, take care of yourself for now...
  5. Johnny Drunkard

Johnny Drunkard Todo utz

Oddometer:
    Crazy Bastard,

Where should we meet ya'?
  6. gentry

Oddometer:
    7:55. Is that OK? Sorry for my shitty responses. I seem to be living in server cabinets this week....

Stosh?
  7. Stosh23

Stosh23 Retrieval Expert

Oddometer:
    7:55am - Edmonds ferry? I will be there
  8. GSguy

GSguy Here's a quarter.

Oddometer:
    What are you guys saying about dirt riding?? I just don't think I will get the gs back together that soon and I'm greasing the ole lady for a hall pass. The weather idiots say it should be nice weather :thumb
  9. BajaDave

BajaDave Crazy Bastard

Oddometer:
    It depends on your desired route and which way you come into Shelton from Kingston, but if FS23 is not a contender, then at the Burgermaster/Shell station just off of the 101 interchange just south of the airport would be a good spot. Assume you guys will cross floating bridge and come down 101 to go with the loop theme? Prolly put you in Shelton around 10:30ish?

Let GSguy and me know which one of us wins a date... :ear

Dave
  10. Stosh23

Stosh23 Retrieval Expert

Oddometer:
    I'm game for either - just can't go extreme at this point.

Stosh
  11. gs dakar

gs dakar live to ride

Oddometer:
    is it all street or some dirt thrown in there?...I may have just gotten the green light...mmmmmmm :thumb
  12. gentry

Oddometer:
    Burgermaster would work eh? Im up for anything but nothing extreme until I change tyres and get this mild hernia situated (#3...sigh). Dirt/fire roads are fine by me but no hill climbs or anything (yet).

What do the rest of you reckon?

Stosh - your OK with mild dirt and road right?
    GS Dakar - the same right?
    Johnny - the same?
    GS Guy - whaddya reckon?

cheers
  13. Guaglione

Guaglione Untethered

Oddometer:

farging icehole barstiges, have a great time!!!
  14. gentry

Oddometer:
    I charged up the camera so I can take lots and lots and lots of pictures of fun times riding. Ill make sure and email them to you. Wouldnt want you to feel left out or anything... :D
  15. janders

janders Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Mighty good of you, Mr. Drunkard! In the meantime, I had alternate plans thrust upon me. You guys'll have a great ride though. 101 down the west side of Hood Canal is a kick in the pants.

Ride safe, all!

Jason

:thumb
  16. Johnny Drunkard

Johnny Drunkard Todo utz

Oddometer:
    Sounds good to me, I'm partial to the FS 2153 option Dave posted about earlier.

BajaDave, 1030-ish sounds good for meeting at the Burgermaster. Do you know the name of the cross st/interchange?

GSGuy, sounds like we'll definitely be hitting some dirt. Should be mellow stuff, your call.

How's everyone feel about getting some lunch out by the beach somewhere? Any ideas?

CYA tomorrow,

Johnny
  17. gs dakar

gs dakar live to ride

Oddometer:
    yea I am good for either...if there was 100% concensus on street only I was considering jumping on oh say a slightly quicker 120 hp machine to play with johnny.....

90% chance for me....I will plan on being at the edmonds boat at 7:55 am sat ....I am game for any and all plans and changes.....
  18. Johnny Drunkard

Johnny Drunkard Todo utz

Oddometer:
    Sweet! Glad your coming along. Did I mention I got a new rear Anakee? Man, that thing grips...muwaahaaahaaahaaa :evil
  19. GSguy

GSguy Here's a quarter.

Oddometer:
    This is a quick fast post, as I was just checking e-mail make sure work is doing o.k. with out me today..... :evil

Well this is what happend, at some time last night I must have caught the adlfjaoewsfneoaenrfn.. flu. I have checked the internet and have not found this type of flu in the us for the last 150 years. I called my boss this am and told him the sad truth (about the flu :rofl ) What is real wild after I hung up the phone it seemed to have cleared up and gave me a chance to start working on geting the gs back together :thumb So I am busy down in the shop working on it as we speak. If I can get it up and runing I'll be in, if not the gt does not do real well on the dirt and I hate the paint chips from the small rocks flying up at it so I will have to bag out. I have a hall pass from Mss gs and mini gs to take the day off :wink: I will post later this evenng and let you know how the project is wraping up. But I can meet any place in Edmunds to catch the ferry, If I go I will try to show up a little early for a cup of joe to get me going. :freaky So please pick a place that has a good late or something :1drink
  20. Stosh23

Stosh23 Retrieval Expert

Oddometer:
    You bet.

Stosh