Anybody have a Moto Guzzi V7?

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by MotorCade, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Bob Wegman

Bob Wegman Adventurer

Oddometer:

My V7III has the Guzzi accessory shield. So far I like it.

upload_2021-7-17_10-14-45.jpeg .
  2. Yashko51

Yashko51 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks to those who responded
  3. Yashko51

Oddometer:
    What is the trick in removing the innards of the bar end weights on the V7III?
    After taking the visibile piece off, I am met with a piece that protrudes about 1/4"
    No amount of tapping or other jiggling seems to budge it.
    I appreciate any advice given
  4. mazeppa

mazeppa y = x/0 Supporter

Oddometer:
    The bar end mounting bolts do not come out, they are part of the handlebars. If your are trying to install bar end mirrors you may have to get some specially designed for this type of handlebars or replacement handlebars.

Max.png

0076719_oem-moto-guzzi-bar-end-mirrors-kit-2s000611.jpg

Edit: not "bar end mounting bolts", but "bar end mounts"
    Iron Cross Junction likes this.
  5. Yashko51

Oddometer:
    The bar end mounting bolts do not come out, they are part of the handlebars. If your are trying to install bar end mirrors you may have to get some specially designed for this type of handlebars or replacement handlebars.

Thanks so much!
    Glad I asked before I starting beating with a hammer!
  6. Rocket_Pilot

Rocket_Pilot Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm probably missing something here, so apologies in advance. I have a V7III and my bar ends came right off easily. I installed CRG lane splitters with an adaptor I bought from AF1.

https://www.af1racing.com/RhinoMoto-Bar-Ends-WMirror-Recesses-Round-End-BK
    Bob Wegman likes this.
  7. Iron Cross Junction

Iron Cross Junction Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just above Pott's Camp along Braddock's route, Va.
    Am in Moto Grappa piddling with nonworking horn on III.

Who needs a horn anyway; this discussion is way more interesting. :clap

Bill
    Bob Wegman, KingOfFleece and chethro like this.
  8. Rocket_Pilot

Rocket_Pilot Adventurer

Oddometer:
  9. Rocket_Pilot

Rocket_Pilot Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm sure I am missing the point of the discussion, fire away. Bill - I have to say your pictures are one of the main reasons I hang around this thread. I don't chime in often but I check in every day. You are living my retirement dream sir!
  10. kottomack

kottomack blahblahblah...go ride Supporter

Oddometer:
    Dealer install, redid the right one kept coming loose. Had some funky pressed sleeve insert in it. Removed that and I was able to tighten it properly.
    2E7B18D3-43F5-4587-8AD6-171B4E812D23.jpeg 8F4248C5-CE68-4B0F-9A97-F816E45D4C75.jpeg
  11. Bulldog9

Bulldog9 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Press the button :D
  12. Kevm

Kevm Eternal Optimist

Oddometer:
    Snuck out early this morning to ride over to Blackman's Cycle in Emmaus PA because I got a tip the Guzzi demo truck was in town.

I'm glad I did despite the hot weather because I got to ride a new V7 850 Anniversary model.

I liked it, no doubt.
    I would buy one in a heartbeat if I didn't already have two.

It made decent power, handled great, was comfortable but 20-25 minutes might not be the best test for that.

Overall it felt more like our V7III than not (more than I'd expected, not sure why I expected different).

I'm sure it is making more power than our III, but that didn't jump out at me as much as I'd thought it would.

Honestly though what struck me the most was that it feels and acts like a thoroughly modern bike and now that I think about it, that's how I feel about the III.

To me the difference between our MkI Stone and our mkIII Carbon Dark is greater than the difference between our mkIII and this new mkIV.

So to the question I asked myself today "Do I need a THREE V7's?"

No, I don't

Now I have to decide if I just plain WANT three V7's.

Didn't take pics of the demo fleet, but here's a looker from the showroom.

PXL_20210717_135213260.MP.jpg
  13. Iron Cross Junction

Oddometer:
    Ha! :D

The greatest blessing, IMO, is to know one is blessed. I know, am grateful, and Kathi and I acknowledge that EVERY single day. OTOH, I was just offered a meaningful opportunity for a one-year term return to professional life. A flattering (and lucrative) honor, but I am probably going to decline. There are only so many revs left on my tach, and I am not inclined to leave my delightful present for that.

As for the "discussion," I always find chatter about how someone couldn't do something (and that usually includes me! :augie) followed by "Well, I did it" by another infinitely fascinating. :clap

OK, smartsaa. :fpalm

No, seriously, I noticed on a ride back from breakfast (at Back Seat Grill) with a visiting HDM friend -- pix here later, cuz he rode my III over there -- that my aftermarket horn(s) didn't work. On same line as the brake lights that did work, so must have something amiss along dedicated circuit. Checked for loose wires and connections. Nothing visible. Next time I install wiring, I need to label the spaghetti! Naturally, I only own a multimeter so folks like you can use it when visiting! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bill
    jon_l, Lash, Bob Wegman and 2 others like this.
  14. mazeppa

mazeppa y = x/0 Supporter

Oddometer:
    My "bar ends" are removable on my V7III Milano, but the female "bar end mounts" are fixed to the handlebars. Maybe other model of V7IIIs or other model V7s may have the traditional hollow handlebar ends.
  15. vagrant1947

vagrant1947 He is free who lives as he chooses!

Oddometer:
    "but I am probably going to decline" PROBOBLY! NO, NO, and Hell no! I'd rather drink cheap bourbon than get suckered into that.
    Bob Wegman, cblais19 and KingOfFleece like this.
  16. Yashko51

Oddometer:
    Agreed. The Carbon Shine has the same issue.
    I realize GTMotomachines sells an adaptor to work with CRG mirrors but that adaptor won't work with the Rizoma bar end mirrors.
    Rizoma uses their own internal wedge pieces that can't be installed into the bar
  17. KingOfFleece

KingOfFleece SplitWeight(tm) waterproof seat covers Supporter

Oddometer:
    kev,
    I thought just about as you on the new 850 V7. I have WAY too much invested in my MKI to swap, but I do think it's progressed enough without losing the lovely "feel" to suggest I'd buy the new one as opposed to a leftover-strickly on performance.
  18. Bulldog9

Bulldog9 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sell me your MK1 for $2500 and go buy yourself a MK4.... I'm looking for a bike for my daughter :hide
    Bob Wegman likes this.
  19. Kevm

Kevm Eternal Optimist

Oddometer:
    Joking aside I really think I should hang onto my MkI no matter what.
    Bob Wegman and Bulldog9 like this.
  20. Iron Cross Junction

Oddometer:
    I mentioned up above that a Guzzista friend, Russ Huffman, who lives below the fall line in Georgia, visited us yesterday and spent the night. Russ was on his venerable “Hot Dog & Mustard” EV, a twin to mine.

Don’t know what an HDM EV is? :D

[​IMG]

Russ, has ridden his to Alaska and was returning on this trip from a longed-for run to Maine. He did back roads on the way up, but is slabbing the return leg. He called a few minutes ago from tonight's stop in Rock Hill, S.C. He managed to dodge heavy rain the whole way.:clap

I post this here because Russ probably has a new Guzzi in his near future. He thus wanted to check out my Stornello and III. He sat on both, and decided to try the V7 III on a ride to breakfast this morning. He liked — as in really liked — my III, and I told him of the newer versions as kevm discussed just above.

In turn, I rode his EV. It is always interesting to ride a motorcycle that is the same model as you own. Russ's ran well, especially when one considers it has 136K+ miles!

So, here are some more pix of the visit by my HDM “frat brother.”

https://bill-and-kathi.smugmug.com/Russ-Lord-Huffman-Visits-the-Duchy-of-Cross-Junction/n-W9fp3t/

Bill