Anybody want to ride the TAT next summer?

Discussion in 'Americas' started by CaliKarl, Aug 23, 2011.

1. rhino_adv

rhino_adv Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Im looking to ride the Tn, Ms, Ar and possibly Ok portions summer 2012. Im 51 years old, will be riding a DR650 and intend on camping as much as possible. I wont be running hard (I plan on enjoying and photographing the ride)! Im pretty open to a start time but can only dedicate around 10 days total. I wish I could run it all at once but will have to break it into 2 or 3 pieces.

I sent a subscription request to facebook.

Brad
  2. SR1

SR1 Going to America!!!!

Oddometer:
    I successfully made 5 others "Admins" on the Facebook TAT 2012 page. Now it's easy to get in.
  3. Adv Reilly

Adv Reilly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    joined the facebook thing - i want to ride the tat next summer.
  4. Honkey Cat

Honkey Cat Tailights Fade!

Oddometer:
    I'm in. been wanting to do this for awhile, but not to many people I know have the measn. Im a young 41. Fire fighter by trade and race gas in my blood.
  5. firebrick

firebrick Long timer

Oddometer:
    i sent a request, maybe the ural would like to go on the tat
  6. planzman

planzman commie bike rider

Oddometer:
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=705912&highlight=ural

Dates and camping locations are flexible.

My bikes previous owner did about half the trail and my plan is to either join up in OK with some other Ural or sidecar bikes and hope to have some outriders for scouting ahead on the trail and do just the western half.

film at eleven!
  7. PupPet

PupPet Guest

Would love to join if around Utah scheduling in-between work will be a juggling but when your near holler and if it works always love company ;) aloha
  8. firebrick

firebrick Long timer

Oddometer:
    Id like to hack my way across the tat, cant do it in june though, hopefully be in Ireland :D
  9. Parx400

Parx400 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm doing CO to NV Sept 2012. We will split off and head back to Sacramento on the last two days.
  10. NDKRomany

NDKRomany Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Im wanting to do TAT but dont really care to camp the WHOLE way... I know people who have done TAT and they didnt camp as much as they were thinking. After 10-12 hours a day off road you are tired, hungry and nasty. The lure of AC, hot food and shower is very strong! Camping in some scenic areas would be great though and im all for that.
    If you want to...
    1.Ride light and not carry a bunch of gear.
    2.Not poke along but not race at the same time ( well, maby a little!! )
    3.stay in hotels more than camp which means less gear which means a more enjoyable and fun ride.

If this sounds like your idea let me know by email or PM... I dont get on these forums much...

Im 39, in good shape and know how to ride dirt bikes.

Retun trip....
    also on the trip back my plan is to ship out the Tiger800xc in a container, ship the DRZ400 back home in the same container and then tour my happy ass all the way back on the Triumph. Hitting every cool spot along the way I can think of. I will have no time frame and dont care how long it takes to do this trip. If anyone wants to join on either part of this trip lemme know.... No dates set yet as I can take off when ever im ready to do this trip, but it will probably be sometime mid to late summer.
  11. bmccrary

bmccrary Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Not to hijack this but can someone post some general information on the TAT (routes, etc.) I am currently living in central NC and based on some ride reports I have been reading it appears as though I have been riding the paved roads all around the eastern side of the TAT. Im looking to purchase a Vstrom in the next few months and would like to start to locate some good non-paved roads to ride.

-bryan
  12. SR1

SR1 Going to America!!!!

Oddometer:
    This sounds like a possible plan for me, too. I could ship my 1200GS out and ride it back form OR.

Hmmm...
  13. Zachsv

Zachsv SVhaver

Oddometer:
    yeahhh I'm planning on having my road helmet and some street tires/wheels/gears shipped to me on the west coast for a (probably) DRZ400 ride home hahaha

Oh and I'm poor, I can't afford hoteling my way across the country, and that's with me starting the savings bucket NOW. Gotta buy a bike with that money too :( Camping 85% of the trip will be a must for me. Baby powder and wick-away will be keeping me so fresh and so clean for that trip haha
  14. superdutyGS

superdutyGS lone rider

Oddometer:
    I sent a request to join the facebook group if it is not too late. I will be doing part of the eastern portion yet this fall I hope. Colorado and Utah in July with a buddy on a pair of DR 650s if it all works out. Subscribed for now.
  15. SquirrelyGrl

SquirrelyGrl Squirrely Girl

Oddometer:
    Victoria Secret green pj's of Ponies & Puppies
    I'm keeping an eye on this. Planning so far ahead seems pretty feasible to me.
  16. Jamm

Jamm Old man on 2 wheels

Oddometer:
    I work all over the country and typically don't know what region I'll be in but would sure like to tag along if possible. Requested facebook access.

I'm a typical overweight middle-aged guy with some dirt bike experience years ago but now riding an F800gs looking to have some fun while traversing America. :D
  17. SR1

SR1 Going to America!!!!

Oddometer:

Not too late, that page seems to be moving ok and will hopefully serve our needs for the next year.

You can help by putting a link in your sig line, as I have done. Then you're trawling the waters any time you're posting here.
  18. dulinor

dulinor Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Would love to do that, but couldn't see taking the time for the whole trip. Could easily see joining up when a group gets to Utah and riding West the rest of the way.

Think it would be welcome or annoying to have "fresh meat" show up and disrupt a routine? I'd be willing to bring out parts/supplies/etc. (not, you know, that the eastern TAT is the moon, but still.)
  19. derrickbwg

derrickbwg Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sent you a PM.
  20. NDKRomany

NDKRomany Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That would be awsome to have company but there are sites I want to see on the way back, so as long as we are both on the same page that would be cool!! Stay in touch on that idea!