Anybody want to ride the TAT next summer?

Discussion in 'Americas' started by CaliKarl, Aug 23, 2011.

1. ned quick

ned quick Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm hoping to do the TAT next summer. Driving down from Ontario, Canada and starting from Jelico. My plan is to be finished in time to make it to the Canadian Ironman in Penticton, British Columbia on August 26th which means I'll be wanting to start the TAT around the beginning of July. (my daughter is doing the IM, not me) I'm a 16-61 (16 year old trapped in a 61 year old body). What I don't have in experience, I make up for in tenacity. I joined the facebook group and will monitor things from there too.
  2. SR1

SR1 Going to America!!!!

Oddometer:
    Welcome to the Facebook page, Ned. Check out the calendar feature.
  3. eford3rd

eford3rd n00b

Oddometer:
    this is my first time posting preferring to lurk in the past wondering if anyone would like to do a partial tat late summer joined the facebook group
  4. rhino_adv

rhino_adv Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer:

eford3rd,.....A riding buddy (tripleplay) and I are planning on riding the Tn., Ms. and Ar. portions of the TAT in late August of 2012 (Aug 23-30). We will be riding a DR650 and KLR650 and plan to camp as often as possible. We plan on 200 miles days and enjoying the ride. If this sounds like what your looking for contact me.

Brad
  5. eford3rd

eford3rd n00b

Oddometer:
    thanks for the offer but i think that being in iowa that i would start in arkansas
  6. WERA456

WERA456 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    North Ga. (The site of the first major gold rush)
    I am interested in doing the TAT all the way. I will want to camp 50% to save some money. I want to try and do it on my f650 dakar. Is this realisitic? I am a teacher and want to tour all summer. Would like to leave out first of June go all the way and continue up to alaska. Then tarmac it home from there. Is there a cheaper way to get the maps? $334 is a lot for some maps. I really would like GPS files as well. I will try and join the FB page soon.
  7. derrickbwg

derrickbwg Adventurer

Oddometer:
    As I prefer to lean towards the dirt I was building my CRF450X to do the TAT (big tank, seat, gearing,etc). Even geared tall I was always reaching for the non existent 6th gear on the road. So to reaffirm my commitment to do the TAT in 2012 I just brought home a 2012 KTM 500 EXC....no excuse now so keep in touch NDKRomany...I want to be on the TAT trail in 12!
  8. KOH

KOH Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'll play - Just got back from the CDR. Rode the eastern section of the TAT earlier this year - so I would like to join up in Oklahoma. Submitted friend request for facebook/ KOH
  9. Vinnie the Snake

Vinnie the Snake Long timer

Oddometer:
    When you going to do the TAT?
  10. SR1

SR1 Going to America!!!!

Oddometer:
    Vinnie, my sigline, stat. ;) :1drink
  11. Barman

Barman Way Offline

Oddometer:
    Damn, you guys are forcing me to reactivate that frickin' facebook account...

Oh well, I'm in.
  12. Abenteuerfahrer

Abenteuerfahrer Deaf on Wheels

Oddometer:
    M-a-y-b-e.....summer of 2012 depending on House being finished.:hide.. Got three more to accomplish: TAT; CDT; Baie St. James :ddog..not necessarily in that order:huh
  13. derrickbwg

derrickbwg Adventurer

Oddometer:
    If this thread will disappear in no time here.....so will the links to the facebook page. What's the chance of getting a sticky similair to the tent space thread dedicated to the TAT for 2012? I don't care to facebook to socialize but I do come to advrider for ride/bike/equipment info.
  14. Barman

Barman Way Offline

Oddometer:
    I agree.
    It would also be simpler to organize everything in the forum format.
  15. SR1

SR1 Going to America!!!!

Oddometer:
    No need for hostility. There are now 64 members in the Facebook TAT 2012 group. We have an embedded calendar to which you can post your target dates for others to see and try to form groups. Trying to get multiple groups formed in a thread format can become unwieldy, but doing it on a calendar works very well.

I have a link to the Facebook group in my sigline, and if you add it into yours, that helps preserve the growth of the group. The Facebook group is large enough that it has an independent life from this thread, though the thread helps feed its growth, for sure.

ADVrider is the impetus. The Facebook Group is the organizational tool.
  16. MotoBoss

MotoBoss Old Dog

Oddometer:
    I'd like to join in but I don't (and won't) facebook. Let's keep this thread alive
  17. navy doc

navy doc n00b

Oddometer:
    Hey I was looking at the Google calender on the facebook page to see when people were going to ride the TAT. There is only one person with a trip planned in July. Is anyone else going to start the this summer ?:y0! Looking at riding TN, ARK,OK the end of May. Contact me if interested.