1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

anyone been to Guam?

Discussion in 'Americas' started by Iwantabikesobad, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Iwantabikesobad

Iwantabikesobad Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi all, I'm headed there Feb. 20th. This will be my 4th time there. 2 of us do repair work on steam safety relief valves in the civilian power plants located in Piti. We were dive certified the first time there and have logged about 20 more dives during the other trips. Does anyone know of some cool things to see while there. We have done the submarine ride as well as visited all the battlefields. Also did The main drag shopping/mall trips. Before ya ask we have not visited the parlors of comfort. Yes ,I have heard of the hundred mile rule but believe my doctors warning and my wifes threats. We have driven the coastline and took the crosscut to Daves Pirate Cove. They have really cold RedStripe. Are there any bike rentals on Guam? We hope to have a few days standby to do some relaxing.
  2. Boondox

Boondox Travels With Barley

Oddometer:
    Been so long I'm sure things have changed by now, but in my time GUAM stood for Give Up And Masturbate.
  3. Jaqhammar

Jaqhammar Hooligan

Oddometer:
    I was just looking at riding in Guam myself.

I found a link to some riders on a gixxer bike forum, they are based there and have been there for a while.
    I only just fired off a post on their forum asking for info about what the biking is like over there and what sort of road and off road riding is available.
    I also asked for info about bike hire shops, road or trail bikes.
    I'll get back to you when they post up an answer.

I confess I know nowt about Guam...apart from the fact that it's full of USA military people, and lots of Jap tourists.:lol3
    Just struck me as a short break holiday destination that most Aussies have never been too, hence my interest.

Cheers: Jaq.
  4. PIklr

PIklr Adventure Guide

Oddometer:
    WOW that sucks, I just joined this site, Yep I have alot of info on Guam, I take it your there now?
  5. EvilClown

EvilClown Standing by to standby for a possible disregard Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    A friend of mine who rode was stationed there and I remember him telling me when it rained the roads were very slick.:deal YMMV.
  6. swjohnsey

swjohnsey Banned

Oddometer:
    If you can get on base at Andersen the road to Tarague (Ta ra gee) Beach is a sportbikers's dream.
  7. Scalzitti

Scalzitti Adventure Driven

Oddometer:
    I was stationed there on a Navy ammo ship from 91 to 92. If you've done most of the Guam stuff - and I know the list is a short one - take a short plane ride north to Saipan. We vactioned there for a few days and there are a few more dive spots there.

You might try the contacts page at this site for more info. http://www.guamhawgs.org/index.htm

When I was there I did a lot of bicycle riding. I credit the excellent riders there with getting me involved in road racing. You might find it fun to pedal with these folks if you are so inclined. http://guamcycling.com