Anyone else use a Canon S40 digital ?

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Humungus, Dec 1, 2002.

1. Humungus

Humungus no it doesn't

Oddometer:
    Am getting close to buying a digital camera & the canon A40 is looking good at the moment. I would rather buy a good 2mp than a cheap 3mp. It seems the best in the price range as its got a manual mode.

Have read DP review & steve's site & also wanted to hear from anyone hear whom has got/used it.

Cheers Mark
  2. Wayne Dowers

Wayne Dowers Adventurer

Oddometer:
    For my personal use I have the Canon S330 which is bascially the same as the A40 camera except it is more compact. I liked it so much that for my field service tech at work I got them the A40 (since it uses more common AA batteries it is easier to get fresh batteries in somewhere like Honduras and in the S330). The camera is really nice, good picture quality and in manual mode you can really fine tune - I'm no professional but for anything that I shoot it will be more than adequate. Get a bigger CF card when you get it as the 8MB card won't do much for you.
  3. Bert

Bert Fair / Balanced

Oddometer:
    I've got the S40 and love it. It's perfect for motorcycle touring. Get at least one 128Mb card though if you want to take advantange of it's improved resolution.
  4. Humungus

Humungus no it doesn't

Oddometer:
    tks guys...A40 was what i meant not S40. I think you worked that out ..i didnt...i was eating the carpet until 4am sun morn in after 8 hours of kava drinking & im still walking into walls.
  5. dizave

dizave Team Blitzed

Oddometer:
    Carpet munching????

:eatme
  6. uglyfish

uglyfish Bad Mojo

Oddometer:
    I almost bought the Canon A40 but came across a deal I could not refuse on a Nikon Coolpix 2000 which is very similar to the Canon (minus the manual mode).