Anyone ever bought from FC-Moto

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by lacofdfireman, Jun 18, 2019.

1. lacofdfireman

lacofdfireman Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just wondering if anyone has bought gear from FC-Moto from across the pond lately? Looking at some Gaerne Oil Balance boots and they are about $120 cheaper through them. Wondering about how it works since it’s from another country. Did you end up paying extra fees or extra shipping etc? Not sure any,ore with all this tariff stuff going on.

IMG_5384.jpg
  2. motokeith

motokeith Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It's a legit site, lots of people buy stuff there. I do believe there will be import duties collected by the carrier, so you probably have to research that to figure out if the discount + duties beats buying domestically.
  3. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    A few existing threads on this topic. Do a search.
  4. Sergio22

Sergio22 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Get stuff from them several times good price and fast delivery
  5. Pcnishan

Pcnishan Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Have ordered from them 3 times Live in North Carolina. No customs/duty taxes delivery delayed once using DHL from N.Y. Good deals if you are
    sure of your size and know you won't be returning item
  6. lacofdfireman

lacofdfireman Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks. I bought from them years ago but read some posts about some negative stuff so just making sure they were still in business. Just ordered the Gaerne Oil Balance boots from them today. Will see if they charge me any extra. If they don’t charge extra (import fees, duties etc) then they ended up being $266 shipped. That’s about $90 cheaper than Revzilla.
  7. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Eh, for Italian stuff I like Motostorm better - they ship much faster and are cheaper then FC-Moto (local vice German). Motostorm has gotten me in-stock gear in like 4 business days from Italy - pretty freaking impressive.
  8. ThrillSeeka

ThrillSeeka Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've purchased a lot of motorcycle clothing over the years from them. Never had any major issues. I've had them ship gear to me in areas in Europe where tax duties are different and FC-Moto's system automatically deducts their sales duty % before paying. Not a lot of vendors do this for international shipping, so it's very welcomed.

Only issue I've had with them is their stipulated stock availability is too generous. I once had to wait almost 4 weeks for an item the system stated as in stock. I think they gave me a 5% discount as an apology. Or something like that.
  9. badge502

badge502 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I bought a helmet from them, and it was a good experience... They keep you informed about the shipping, and the order in process... BUT, if there is a warranty or fit issue, the sending back of the product can get really expensive, and time consuming... So, you kinda need to be sure what you want.
  10. Hollywood D

Hollywood D Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I bought a part from adventure spec in England and had it shipped to the states. It took a while but I didn't pay any sort of tax on it. Good thread, I'm in the market for a pair of Tech7s. Cheapest I've seen them stateside is $352
  11. rtank

rtank Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I bought a Nexx X-Wild helmet and A pair of Sidi boots from them about a month ago. All went good and I saved a bunch of $. But it took 2 weeks to get to me
  12. Butters

Butters Kwyjibo Supporter

Oddometer:
    I had a great experience with them. There is also a 10% off code: SUMMER10. I don't think there are restrictions on that code.

I had it shipped DHL and was not charged any import duties or VAT. Two helmets for about half of what I would have paid domestically.
  13. Ron_Luning

Ron_Luning Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ordered a pair of Givi Trekker 33 liter cases from them, which shipped via DHL on August 16th. Still hasn't shown up in USPS tracking 19 days later. I'm getting the feeling that the savings are going to prove not worth it if the package is lost and I have to dispute the charges.
  14. nickguzzi

nickguzzi Long timer

Oddometer:
    Isn't anything under $800 duty free anyway.

Any hassle is usually because the shipper is trying to pass on your order to the revenue so they can collect a fee. Not all do, but some make a habit of it.
  15. Bigbugberg

Bigbugberg De oppresso liber Supporter

Oddometer:
    Bought a pair of Sidi Adventure boots. cheap and quick.
  16. WindBlast

WindBlast without music life would Bb

Oddometer:
    I bought a Pinlock from them last year and they sent the wrong one. It was cheaper to just buy another one from a different vendor than return it. That's the only real drawback with ordering from the EU. Any mistakes are costly and there goes your savings over buying here.