Anyone experience w/ Colorado Motorcycle Adventures in Denver?

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by adventurelounger, May 3, 2021.

1. adventurelounger

adventurelounger Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Planning a late June (like the last weekend) trip to the Rockies, and we're looking into renting with Colorado Motorcycle Adventures. Any experience with those folks? FWIW, so far they seem like decent guys via phone.

We also know weather and snowpack are unpredictable before July; but hoping we can do at least half of a 3 day ride on unpaved surfaces,. We've ridden a good part of the UTBDR and Baja before, but we're aging middle agers more interested in fun riding and exploring, rather than technical or hardcore offroad, or shoveling snow or dealing with total muck. Late June going to be okay? Or not so much? Thanks in advance.
  2. cidi

cidi cidi Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have not had personal experience with Colorado Motorcycle Adventures, but had several folks tell me that they were great.
    Re June travel you should be fine. Just be flexible and look at the conditions closer to your travel dates. And remember that Colorado has such varied terrain that you always have places you can ride.
    Today at my place not much riding… we had 8+” of snow overnight and it is still snowing. However 15 miles from here they had just a dusting….
  3. adventurelounger

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the reply cidi. If we had to do the whole thing on pavement I think we'd still love it! Planning away, and may have some other questions. But will certainly go into this with the intention to share a RR on the other end. Usually when it comes to Colorado, I'm praying for snow. First time I'm praying against it!
  4. fortrider

fortrider Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Weather today in N CO about the same, woke to fresh snow and still coming down. Some of the off road areas in N CO may not open this year due to last years fire followed by spring rains. They try to get most of the passes open by Memorial Day but occasionally it will be later.
    If you PM me your address I can send you some local forest service maps if you are interested.
    That avatar looks familiar.
  5. adventurelounger

Oddometer:
    #51 reporting for duty, sir! Love my Storny. Great New England dirt-and-back-road bimbler. Will PM you fortrider...thanks for the map offer.

FWIW, the guys at Colorado Motorcycle Adventures map and GPS the whole 3-day route out. It's apparently 85% dirt. Denver>Salida; Salida>Buena Vista; and Buena Vista>Denver. Hoping for high and dry conditions by end of June...
  6. cidi

cidi cidi Supporter

Oddometer:
    I know that route really well. If it is 85% dirt then you will love it and it should be good to go when you are riding it.