Anyone have 3.5” rox risers? Do they work

Discussion in 'British Beasts: Triumph Tigers' started by Drzzr1, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Drzzr1

Drzzr1 Braaap Addict

Oddometer:
    I currently have the 2” rox risers mostly to bring the bars back on my 13 800xc. I’m short and the bars still feel too far forward. Anyone run 3.5” without cable problems?
  2. troop

troop Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Attached Files:

3. stageracer

stageracer To err is human, to forgive is not company policy

Oddometer:
    I'm running 2" Rox Risers on a 1" Triumph riser on my 800XC. I'm 6'4 so I needed the stack. Cables were long enough to accommodate.
  4. RichardD

RichardD Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm using 3 1/2 Rox and they work fine on my 15 xrx .
  5. Actionable Mango

Actionable Mango Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just a note that on the 2018 model, 3-4 of us who have looked into 2" ROX Risers have so little slack that we can't even put those ones on. :(
  6. ontheroad68

ontheroad68 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Which cable/wire is too short? The clutch and brake may be easy enough to change, not sure about the ride-by-wire wires.
  7. Actionable Mango

Oddometer:
    You'd have to ask @teamster or @TIGERRIDER007. I found their posts here, but they don't really answer your question:

https://advrider.com/f/threads/triumph-tiger-800.599070/page-1274#post-35704634

https://advrider.com/f/threads/show...800-xc-pictures.715696/page-308#post-35442950

Looking at mine, I'd say the left handlebar looks like it has enough slack, but not the right handlebar. But that is speculation in both cases--I've not tried it.
  8. ontheroad68

Oddometer:
    I just looked up some part #'s and here's what I found:
    - Clutch cable and Brake line are the same part # between 2016/2018
    -Main wiring harness (for RBW) has a different part #

So if the RBW wires are the limiting factor on the 18 that could be an issue. I'd be pulling the tank ASAP to check the routing. I was considering the 2018 model for the better gearing but.....
  9. ontheroad68

Oddometer:
    Or get a soldering iron and some heat shrink tubing and extend the wires a few inches. It's possible the RBW system uses resistance in the wires to measure throttle position, in this case the added length/soldered connections could screw up the RBW system. I have no idea if this is how the system works, I'm just putting this out there as a possibility. If someone knows the system please chime in.
  10. Night Falcon

Night Falcon Broke Engine

Oddometer:
    LA Choppers do an extension kit for their Harley handlebars....looks pretty straight forward.
  11. fitty ate

fitty ate Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Try the roadie handlebars on your XC. I have a 2012 800XC with 2" Rox risers. I'm 5'8". I picked up the black anodized roadie handlebars for $23 online from Triumph when they went on sale last year. They give you another 2" (1" either side) - brings your arms in a little more - less "spread eagle" - and works well with the Rox risers to make the ergonomics much nicer.
    Drzzr1 likes this.
  12. Hollywood D

Hollywood D Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well that blows. I just ordered the 2" anti vibe ones from revzilla for my 2018. I'll still try and install them and see how it goes. At least they do free returns.
  13. Actionable Mango

Oddometer:
    At least one person with a 2018 reported success adding those risers, and had no problem with cable reach. So there seems to be some inconsistency with either the cable length or how the cables were routed when installed at the factory (or the dealer)?
  14. xvlc

xvlc Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have 2" risers on my 2018. The cables going to the throttle are attached to the handlebar with a small rubber band thing, this you have to unattach, then the cables are long enough. The clutch cable with the stock routing is a bit too short, just reroute it, then it's long enough.
  15. TIGERRIDER007

TIGERRIDER007 North GA RAT

Oddometer:
    Sorry for the delayed reply...Yes, we've had success with a 3.5 inch rise, but we (@TriTi) had to take the tank off and reroute the cables to get enough slack. The real bitch was the heated grips on my 2018 xca. I'm pretty sure that's only way to make stock cables work, is doing what we did. I say we, but it's more TriTi then me, I hand him the tools. :D
    IMG_1188.jpg
    IMG_1189.jpg
    IMG_1190.jpg
    IMG_1192.jpg
    Actionable Mango and TriTi like this.
  16. TIGERRIDER007

TIGERRIDER007 North GA RAT

Oddometer:
    IMG_3031.jpg
    IMG_3032.jpg
    We have Rox risers but also a 1 inch block.
    Actionable Mango likes this.
  17. Hollywood D

Oddometer:
    Tried to fit them today and it was a no go. The electronics cables were way too tight and I'm not willing to start pulling all that stuff apart. Too bad because the Rox risers really allow almost infinite adjustment.
  18. Actionable Mango

Oddometer:
    That's too bad. :(

If you think there is enough clearance for 20mm risers (approx 3/4"), then you could get these smaller risers:
    https://touratech-usa.com/Store/Handlebar-Risers-20mm-Triumph-Tiger-800XC-Explorer-1200

I'm hoping that a small riser would be noticeably better even if it wasn't as good as the larger riser.
  19. Actionable Mango

Oddometer:
    I have no problem with removing the plastic and the gas tank. Cutting and replacing zip ties, fine. Disconnecting clutch cable and electronic connectors, okay.

But other things give me pause, like the hydraulic line to the front brake and now you make me wonder about the heated grips too.

I am trying to decide if rerouting is (A) worth the trouble and (B) within my capability. But I don't know what's involved. I don't suppose you'd be willing to provide a list of anything that's more difficult than simple unbolting/disconnecting things (and bolting/reconnecting them)?

For example, I assume:
    • Gas tank has to be either drained or plugged
    • Front brake line has to be removed from handle (in order to thread it through gaps for rerouting), which means.... replacing fluid? topping off? bleeding?
    • Heated grips... I don't know, what was the issue? They were glued or something? Super fragile?
    • Anything else?
  20. Hollywood D

Oddometer:
    Actionable Mango likes this.