Anyone have Klim on their Experticity (promotive) group?

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by lacofdfireman, Aug 19, 2017.

1. bhodi513

bhodi513 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Like gnwes said, the contract between Klim and Experticity expired recently. I was able to coax a one-time discount out of the Klim CSR, through the Klim website, because I had a few items in my cart I was about to order and they vanished when the contract expired. It may be worth a try if you want to order from them. I used my military status for the coupon so I'm not sure how it will work for LEO or PS peeps.
  2. MtnRider

MtnRider Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I was bummed to see it gone too. Just got back from South America and was planning on ordering some new gear....now I'll have to wait and look more. I too am with LEO and expect no discounts and appreciate those that I do get.
  3. sati8d

sati8d REALLY?? Eh! Oh! ca va pas non??? Supporter

Oddometer:
    Have you noticed the Zilla has only a few Badlands left in certain sizes and they're only $615!...from $925 of last year....makes me think they're coming out with something new and there are now more varied styles on market...maybe the big ol heavy gear is shifting to more layered lighter stuff

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
  4. gnwes

gnwes Adventurer

Oddometer:
    you can probably bet that they are coming out with new gear. I just don't see myself purchasing it unless it comes to experticity again.
  5. ubermick

ubermick Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Damn, that's a shame. Never pulled the trigger on them, with my Klim Badlands Pro suit fitting horribly, and ended up going with Rev'It instead. Now their stuff is falling apart after a season, I wanted to give Klim a look.
  6. Grinder

Grinder Wrong way 'round

Oddometer:
    So I spoke to a Klim rep at an international motorcycle super show and too many douche bags were trying on the gear at a retailer and not buying. That wasn’t enough they were doing that but they were telling the retailer why they were trying it on and trying to get the retailer to price match. No wonder they pulled out.
  7. lacofdfireman

lacofdfireman Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Not surprised in the least. Bummer because that was a good deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. Aviatordoc

Aviatordoc Hooligan extraordinaire Supporter

Oddometer:
    Then they should pull out from Revzilla as well. Many try these out at dealers and buy at Revzilla due to return/exchange policy. Dealers do not do that.
    Experticity is not a bargain always. They tack on a huge amount of "charges" and shipping at extraordinarily high rates.
    When you price it at experticity and compare with revzilla or even Amazon, you save hardly anything.
  9. Grinder

Grinder Wrong way 'round

Oddometer:
    You definitely have to shop the deals. I bought loads of stuff from expertcity and each time I came out well ahead.

The difference between revzilla and local shops is that the prices are public. Your local shop can go look up prices on those sites and react accordingly. If they’re getting a bum deal from their wholesalers or Klim, they can nag. Expertcity and the like are closed groups with private pricing. It even says so when you go to a brand page.
  10. gnwes

gnwes Adventurer

Oddometer:
    i always got a darn good deal on klim thru experticity, at least 30% iirc. On the badlands and latitude jackets it was at least a couple of hundred dollars. Even with the charges from experticity which was minimal and shipping costs i still came out way ahead. Unfortunately i dont value most of the klim lineup at msrp so i wont be purchasing it again. There is one thing from klim i did find worth paying msrp or close to and that is the induction jacket, other than than that i'll switch to all aerostich.
  11. LTKernel

LTKernel jack of all trades... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yeah, Klim has not returned to Promotive/Experticity/ExpertVoice. There is a small assortment of what is probably overstock on the GovX site at no more than 18% off. 30% off used to put Klim gear in the budget ballpark for most of us civil servants. We certainly have a lot of their off road and adventure gear.

From humble beginnings making ski patrol and snowmobile gear, Klim is now a company proving that bigger is not necessarily better. I understand the model for success in business often includes expansion or growth, but they've rescinded many of their policies and customer service that made them great. My girlfriend, who also qualifies for the mil team and is small, got fitted at their headquarters in Rigby a few years ago for her women's adventure gear and they were superb. They brought out multiple options, solicited feedback, and let her walk outside to sit on our KTM990 in it. They extended the 30% after proving eligibility and withheld tax as we lived out of state. They fixed a snap and resealed a seam in my Badlands pants on the spot even though they were dirty. I used to call them and get questions answered. Now, they won't answer questions when you call, but instead give you an email address that may or may not prove responsive. Last time I stopped in they had constructed a retail showroom in the corner of their building and they would not honor the Experticity eligibility instead insisting you incur all the shipping, tax, and $2 fee by purchasing online. They would not accept a warranty there even if clean. You had to contact them for an authorization and go through the hassle and expense of packaging and shipping so they could evaluate whether it was eligible under their warranty program. No way were they repairing on the spot. The ladies in the retail showroom were sales staff basically. I haven't purchased much of anything Klim for over a year now and I no longer recommend them.

I suggest looking at the increasing product lines from Leatt and Motorfist on ExpertVoice and supporting them instead.
    Badabing70 likes this.
  12. Grinder

Grinder Wrong way 'round

Oddometer:
    I spoke to a rep about it at a show. Basically people were trying fear on at a dealer and bragging about the great discount and asking dealers to match. Hard to blame then for walking away.

It is a bit sad because I also used expertcity then promotive to buy Klim gear.

That said I have had decent luck with warranty. I haven’t been on site so I can’t speak to that but I did mail something in and it was handled well and quickly
  13. bigtodd

bigtodd Hi, wanna ride?

Oddometer:
    The real bummer with Klim pulling out of Promotive/Experticity/ExpertVoice is what the site was intended for. My company was a very early participant on the site and the whole idea was to allow industry insiders a way to get your product by what we then called a "pro-deal". Obviously the site is largely based on what was growing at the time ... flash sales sites. The "pro-deal" program expanded to Military and first responders.

Like every other online business, Promotive/Experticity/ExpertVoice had to grow and increase users. Their filter process of who could access and buy from their site became more and more porous. Me and many other companies use the site and many others to move old or discontinued inventory. My guess is Klim, like me have found ways to create their own off price site(s) and save the fees associated to Promotive/Experticity/ExpertVoice.

If you are a member of ExpertVoice, there are still lots and lots of great products from great brands at great prices. It is also a great community of companies that are big on supporting the sports and activities they are associated with.
  14. Grinder

Grinder Wrong way 'round

Oddometer:
    I think it was more about the fact their dealers were making noise about customers trying stuff in store and buying online. The Klim rep specifically mention that people were going in and using the promotive discounts to negotiate with dealers.
  15. anthonyd85

anthonyd85 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am also a member of Promotive. I’ve been very interested in the Motorfist Ranger Jacket/Pant. Has anyone had any experience be it personal or word of mouth with Motorfost. I also saw the Leatt collection which also looks very nice. Thanks guys.