Anyone here have a honda C70 passport

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by da 919_ster, Oct 14, 2005.

1. chazbird

chazbird Long timer

Oddometer:
    Are they still selling new C70 Passports in Newfoundland?
  2. klx250sfguy

klx250sfguy Long timer

Oddometer:
    No. Mine is an '82. I bought it off a guy in New Brunswick and had it shipped here. People are usually surprised to hear its a 31 year-old bike. I LOVE IT.
  3. chazbird

chazbird Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was giving an oblique compliment. I know they weren't sold in North America since 1985 or so. I have a '81 also, not as nice as yours though.
  4. klx250sfguy

klx250sfguy Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm a little slow on the uptake sometimes. Thanks for that. Let's see a pic of yours.
  5. chazbird

chazbird Long timer

Oddometer:
    It's that baby blue color color I've never liked. It has the requisite torn seat that happens with Passports - now it has my own homemade cover. A bit of corrosion here and there, a milk crate and front rack. Why the descriptors and no photo's? Its not pretty, but more importantly, my uploading picture abilities are about at 1981 levels.
  6. klx250sfguy

klx250sfguy Long timer

Oddometer:
    I can visualize it.

Regarding uploading difficulties, I can relate ... I used to have trouble too.
  7. klx250sfguy

klx250sfguy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Beautiful day today in St. John's Newfoundland. Decided to go for a ride.

[​IMG]

Spotted this ship down by the harbour. The National Geographic Explorer. Cool.

[​IMG]

Found a nice little spot on a sidewalk downtown, close to my favourite coffee shop.

[​IMG]

Enjoyed a chocolate croissant and a cup of tea while watching the world go by. Thinking of my niece Greenlea who was born on this day one year ago, she passed away six days after she was born. Thinking of my sister and her husband too, it was their first child.

If anyone wants to do something nice, write Greenlea, anywhere, on anything (the more creative the better), then post a pic here, I'll send it to my sis. She's a biker (has an SV650) - it'll cheer her up. Nothing worse than losing a child. Nothing.

[​IMG]

This is Greenlea here with her mom and dad.

[​IMG]
  8. Tylenol

Tylenol Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I had to, couldn't take it anylonger... I snuck my Passport off the property through the back field and wend down the old pit roads into trail country. I found some mud, some rocks, and those big long legged birds that everyone gets so excited about, herring? maybe? can't think of the name. Then I joined the old CN line where I managed to pick up several ferns with my exhaust pipe, and went back to my mothers for storage.
    Soon I am going to attempt a run from moms to my place along the old CP railway.
  9. chazbird

chazbird Long timer

Oddometer:
    Its not a kind thing to admit to but a Passport is an outstanding "dirt bike". Its very light, and has quite low gearing. And in a way, its got a real sleeper feature - no clutch to slip or burn out. This is a huge advantage when you're paddling, or better yet, pushing through mud. Whenits seemingly impassable you can walk the bike at slow idle. I've ridden a little of off road on my current C70 and did 1200 mostly unpaved and trail riding miles in Vietnam in some extremely nasty (& muddy) conditions. Everything and everyone got stuck eventually, but not the Passport - which was actually a Thai Honda 100 Dream with a 4 speed auto clutch.
  10. Tylenol

Tylenol Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have considered doing a 4 speed conversion and changing the final drive gear to I think a 16 tooth, don't recall. But I think I am going to leave it stock, keep it in good shape and let my oldest drive it to school when she is old enough. Maybe when me and the bike are sixty, we will both be piggybacking children around still.
  11. chazbird

chazbird Long timer

Oddometer:
    Further dirt hints: a Passport (sized) motorcycle is also a reasonable size and weight to drag over, or under, logs - should that be required.
  12. klx250sfguy

klx250sfguy Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's good to know. Makes sense.

In the meantime, my Passport is happiest riding the streets of my colourful little city.

[​IMG]
  13. chazbird

chazbird Long timer

Oddometer:
    I stopped doing drugs a very long time ago. What city is that?
  14. klx250sfguy

klx250sfguy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Haha, it's St. John's Newfoundland.

The sun is splitting the rocks here this morning so I'm gonna get off my iPad and ride.
  15. snakebit

snakebit growing old disgracefully

Oddometer:
    That picture is great. Someplace I've wanted to visit for years. Maybe someday.

Several years ago I spent 6 weeks in Halifax on my sailboat and met a lot of Newfies down on holiday. You fuckers are nuts, in the best possible way. Drinking, laughing and home made music, all at their finest.

I've had two passports and two ct 90s in the last few years. I sold all of those and bought a Symba which I'd love to explore Newfoundland on.
  16. klx250sfguy

klx250sfguy Long timer

Oddometer:
    I can't take credit for that picture, or for this one (taken this morning).

[​IMG]

Ya, it's a great city, with colorful houses and colorful characters. You'd have a blast on your Symba here.

Here are more pics from this morning.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  17. Tylenol

Tylenol Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wow, Saint John's is like a supersized Liverpool, all the colours of the rainbow.
    I noticed most of you still have stock looking tires do they still sell them? I put a pair of dunloops on mine, 3.0 in the back with a 2.50 front. They were ordered and never picked up so I got them for cheap, the speedometer doesn't seem to be off by much with them.
  18. Tylenol

Tylenol Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This picture reminds me of when I got to hold my daughter for the first time. I think she was 2 weeks old before I was allowed to touch her.
  19. klx250sfguy

klx250sfguy Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm not sure if they still sell them but these are soon to be replaced with Michelin Gazelle's.
  20. Tylenol

Tylenol Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was gonna go with Gazelles but they had these and I was in need of a tire badly, and I was itchen to drive lol.
    I found the stock front tire didn't do too well on loose stuff