Anyone here have a honda C70 passport

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by da 919_ster, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Cat0020

Cat0020 El cheapo

Oddometer:
    Mine is a 2011 model that had sat at the dealers for 2 years before sold to me at huge discount. I've put approx. 1600 mi. on it since JUN 2013, including a daytrip ride of 120+ miles from PA to NJ.

Currently the BMS serves as a city commuter between Hoboken NJ, Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens. I ride it about 3-4 times a week.
    I don't know how it compares to the SYM, but I wouldn't expect it to be similar for the price it costs.

So far BMS had given me zero problem, I changed the front sprocket to get better top speed, acceleration does not suffer much, still plenty of get-up-n-go from a stop to pass most cars from a stop.

Suspensions are the limiting factors for sustained high speed, above 35-40 mph, you really need smooth pavement to feel secure about the handling, roads in the city are not kind to poor suspension performance. BMS can easily get up to 45 mph and beyond, just need smooth pavement, flat terrain and minimal wind gust to sustain it.

Brakes are there,.. just need to pay attention to know when to use them. :lol3
  2. wannabe1

wannabe1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I did a little digging and found that these are supposedly the Fly Scout that was sold by Fly some years back before they went out of business. Hexnut forum member here had another post and his example had some very poor welding. I have seen them online now for just over a $1099 delivered. I guess as long as a guy knows where they come from a "buyer beware" applies and you have $1000 bucks to blow I don't see why not to try one. Sadly, I don't have $1099 for an experiment right now.
  3. klx250sfguy

klx250sfguy Long timer

Oddometer:
    How do you find the suspension compared to you Passport? I found the suspension on my Passports (red '82, blue '83) were okay, just a little squeaky sounding, like the sound of sitting on an old squeaky bed.
  4. Cat0020

Cat0020 El cheapo

Oddometer:
    6-pack, half doozen.. C70 does not have the higher speed capability as the 110cc BMC, even with the front sprocket change... so comparing suspension at different speed is rather mute.
  5. YamaGeek

YamaGeek Skeletor sparklemuffin.

Oddometer:
    I'm wondering if you could shoehorn in the gear set of a CL125 into a clone/engine gear case, as having an extra 5th overdrive above 4th gear would be a boon with my 125 engine in my '68 Cub.
  6. ADVATT

ADVATT f/k/a "Heavy Cy"

Oddometer:
    Illnoise.Flat as a pool table.Crooked as a snake.
    TOURING... Even with the throttle lock, even through a leather glove, this was after my 440mi jaunt (Chicago to StPaul,MN) to the International BMW Rally 29 days ago.

[​IMG]
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

CAUSE I'M BAD. I'M NATION WIDE...

A teaser for my FIRST EVER RR coming soon to a forum near you...

Well I was rollin' down the road in some cold blue steel,
    I had a blues man in back, and a beautician at the wheel.
    We going downtown in the middle of the night
    We laughing and I'm jokin' and we feelin' alright.
    Oh I'm bad, I'm nationwide.
    Yes I'm bad, I'm nationwide.

Well I was rollin' down the road on my blue Honda scoot,
    I had the throttle lock kicked in,
    setting sun was on my boots
    With the highway pegs and my gold tooth displayed,
    Nobody give me trouble cause they know I got it made.
    I'm bad, I'm nationwide.
    Well I'm bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, I'm nationwide.

This pic is rollin down the road just piling on the miles, chasing the sunset on some "cold blue steel'... (with bicycle handlebar highway pegs and throttle lock).

See the odo? She had JUST turned 14,000 mi about 80mi after leaving home, right after I crossed from Illinois into Wisconsin. I left Chicago 4pm'ish and camped in Spring Green, WI (195mi) about midnight. Then I had 240mi the next day to get to St Paul.

[​IMG]
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ZOOOOMMMM!!!... Here's one of two vehicles I actually PASSED. A one hp Amish buggy (Ha! I've got FIVE hp!). I had to turn around way up the road and come back to steal this boys soul (took a picture). The other passed vehicle was a tractor pulling a hay baler.

[​IMG]

----------------------------------------------------------------
    MY DAY... This was what most of the ride was like. What you cannot see here is my hand waving cars past me (for sixteen hours).

[​IMG]

-------------------------------------------------------

INTERNATIONAL BMW RALLY... GS "adventure" bikes were about a nickel a dozen at the International BMW Rally but barely inside the gate the little 5hp Adventure Cub began attracting attention... "Wuhhhh? Come on, no you didn't! 450 miles? Seriously?" Another very common comment I heard was "Hey WE PASSED YOU!". I'm like, "Uh, yeah, E.V.E.R.Y.B.O.D.Y. passed me! Who didn't pass me? Ok, raise your hand if you DIDN'T pass me!"

[​IMG]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sorry for the hijack but I haven't had time to do my first ever RR yet. Just wanted to reaffirm the is still Cub love out there!
  7. AviatorTroy

AviatorTroy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi guys, I’ve had an ‘82 for about 10 years now. Moved to Colorado last year and have been messing around with it again lately. I live at just under 7000 feet and have been having my share of problems. Carb has been thoroughly cleaned. Dropped the jet size 10% from what was in it, had a 75, now running a 68. Seems way lean. Then I found a digital shop manual (for an 80-81 so I don’t know if the carb was any different) and it says the stock jet is supposed to be a 90, with an 85 above 5000’. I didn’t have that big of a jet in it when I lived st sea level!

Anyone here have a suggestion as to what jet size and altitude you are running? Maybe I can start from there. Thanks!