1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Anyone in Kingston, ON

Discussion in 'Canada' started by frankiebpr, May 14, 2009.

1. ststrider

ststrider some guy on a bike

Oddometer:
    20190628_082430.jpg
    Yeffer, Lycan1 and Zipasaurus like this.
  2. Also Ran

Also Ran Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Took Cedar Bridge Road last weekend and it still had sections under water! It's east of WestPort, bout 10 minutes on the left. Says not a through road but that's because it's un maintained. Just keep right. We were 2 up on a 04 1200 GS with a squared off rear tire. Only had to have Sue walk down one slick hill that the quads had rutted up and had loose rock on it. 2 water crossings were a blast though. 12 to 18 inches. There was fresh gravel under it and the path was clear so no surprises. You can do a north loop from there and stay on track trail or gravel for 80% of your day. If you want an easier rout take Lennon road to Murphy Rd to Big Crosby Rd which comes out at 36 north of Westport. Nice scenery Easy ride.
  3. motohoude

motohoude Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi. That sounds good although your street tires won't do you much good in the trails...I'm not much of a road rider, like to keep my knobbies top shape for the next deep mud hole :)
  4. Also Ran

Also Ran Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Shinko 705 on the front and a Metzler on the back. The Metzler need changing it's just squared off.
  5. Also Ran

Also Ran Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Here's an easy day in the neighborhood.

Attached Files:

6. Zipasaurus

Zipasaurus Left turn Clyde!

Oddometer:
    Also Ran likes this.
  7. Docman

Docman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello everyone, for those of you who are familiar with Sync The Planet World Ride, this will be the last year of the event. If anyone is interested to join this early ride, feel free to meet me on the 3rd of August at 5:30AM in front of City Hall in Kingston. The ride will last about an hour and then breakfast somewhere...Thank you for your support over the years.
    Zipasaurus likes this.
  8. ScramblerTom

ScramblerTom Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    rider killed just north of roblin yesterday. any news? it was on the back roads.
  9. Zipasaurus

Zipasaurus Left turn Clyde!

Oddometer:
    Does anyone know if it is legal to stand on the foot pegs and ride in Ontario? I asked a police officer and he didn't know. Rather than pulling over to stretch the legs I will stand for a few kilometers.
  10. Yeffer

Yeffer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I heard of a guy that was pulled over for standing on the pegs. "Stunt riding" He replied to the female officer that it was necessary as he had to adjust his right testicle into a more comfortable position.
    She then waved him on.
    motogoat and Zipasaurus like this.
  11. zamram

zamram Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi, I am staying near Shorbot Lake this week. Anyone around to show me the neighborhood or recommend good day trips?
    I have a route planned up to Black Donald today.
    Talked to a couple guys at the MOA rally and they said any road that begins with the #5 is good.
    Steve
    Text # 610 823 0350
  12. ststrider

Oddometer:
    What you riding?
  13. nick949eldo

nick949eldo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Vikingtazz likes this.
  14. zamram

zamram Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ststrider
    I'm on an 07 1200gs.

Today I rode north up to Calabogie than crossed over to Portage du Fort ,down to Quyon back across on the ferry.
    Overall a good ride nice and cool.
  15. astroguy

astroguy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey Nick... I hadn't heard from you in a bit and was starting to worry that your talk of heading to Canadas North West was just a bit of talking. I figured that work set the hook on you ..... glad to hear otherwise!!
    As usual a fun read with worthy narrative AND with the expected number of breakdowns and troubles!!!! No I do not have points nor do I carry a spare coil.....( that I might actually forget that I had with me until a failure! you seemed to recall it as though you forgot is was there)! Beauty!!
    Also your many references to 'bag of nails in a paint shaker' and such made me recall an old friend.... one day he heard me pull up on one of my old 'hundred dollar bikes' that anyone would pass certification on back in those days.
    I'll never forget his words....' it sounds like a box of rocks'... the partial poetic rhyme really stuck with me!!! Especialy since his sh***ty Russian Lada with a bent cam shaft sounded worse!
    I enjoyed the image of your coil gear clamped to the side covers. I'm starting to suspect that you could have done a prettier reconstruction but I almost think you enjoy the Frankenstein appearance! Just fooling you.
    Anyways I as always look forward to a hard copy signed if you don't mind. I imaginge the depths of Feburary will bring out your 2 wheeled creativity so I won't be holding my breath!
    nick949eldo likes this.
  16. Gaulin

Gaulin Orange (& Blue) Crush

Oddometer:
  17. Yeffer

Yeffer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Your garage looks pretty crowded. I have room in mine if I can help out.
  18. ststrider

Oddometer:
    To bad I seized it last Sunday. Well at least I get to tweak the porting a little when I do the top end.
  19. ststrider

Oddometer:
    Anyone else going down for sync the planet tomorrow? 5:30 city hall the grand finale.
  20. nick949eldo

nick949eldo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Zipasaurus likes this.