Anyone in Las Vegas have a wee-strom they will let a stranger ride?

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by Shadowed_Stranger, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Shadowed_Stranger

Shadowed_Stranger Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Question in title.

I'm looking to get a bike for two-up road trips with my wife, but since none of our local dealerships even stock them I'm a bit wary about flying somewhere to buy one sight-unseen, especially since I'm a 5 and a half foot manlet. It would probably just be me riding it solo since I don't want to two-up test ride someone else's bike.

I'm an MSF certified ridercoach and ride motorcycles daily so chances of me crashing it are... On second thought don't ask me that question, what are you my mother? Unless I smell a big pot of gumbo when I show up you probably aren't and I don't think you can trick me that way.

I know this is a big ask, but I'd be happy to buy someone a hot meal in return. Thanks for reading.
  2. AloneInTheHills

AloneInTheHills Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If you don't find anyone, check Carter Power Sports. Last time I was in I thought they had one or two 650s in stock. Not sure on their test drive policy, I just get parts there.
  3. Shadowed_Stranger

Shadowed_Stranger Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Last time I went to Carter they didn't have any. They will let you test ride the used bikes only. To be honest even sitting on one in the dealership would be an improvement so I'll check again. Thanks!
  4. tuff enuff

tuff enuff Bloke

Oddometer:
    Sounds like you are looking at a newer model but if this interests you shoot me a PM.

IMG_2193_1.JPG IMG_2195.JPG IMG_2198.JPG

2007 650 (non ABS) with 9200 miles in as new condition. It has the Suzuki low seat, lowering links and raised fork tubes. It was ridden by a little old lady (really!) who no longer rides street since her husband passed away. Not my bike but I have ridden it and it fits me fine at 5' 3" and 28" inseam. Handles great, but watch the cornering clearance. We have the center stand but it cannot be used when lowered. Have all the parts to put it back to stock height. Anyone else interested PM me. Located in St George.