Anyone in Ontario near Campbellford?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Mw650, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Mw650

Mw650 Bob

Oddometer:
    I was seeing of there is anyone not too far away that would be willing to let me camp at their place or if they know of any free spots to camp at for this weekend. I was hoping to go up and see my son but money is too tight for any motel and I'll be getting in by 9 or 10 pm. Also I have know Idea on availability for Ferris Park. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Michael
  2. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    I'm about 25 minutes ride from there. Look at Wooler on Mapsource, I'm just north of town a mile on Jamieson. Just checked with SWMBO, we got no plans for the weekend. Dunno about "free" camping, do know a couple of places on crown land you can "camp" closer to CF, or you can camp here. Or crash downstairs if you don't mind the mess (wife is giving me the "you're gonna have to clean up down there if we're having guests" look), but that's no big.

Accomodations include hyper-talkative five year old boy, so be warned.

Lemme know what you'd like.

Jim
  3. Mw650

Mw650 Bob

Oddometer:
    Jim thanks for the offer and sorry for not getting back to ya sooner. This weekend is not going to happen unfortunately. But next weekend I surely am heading on up. Interestingly enough my X has finally said that I can camp out on the property. Women! Go figure. Anyways when I'm up there if you want to hook up for a short ride or the like pm me. I'm either heading up Friday morning if I don't have to work, or will head out right after around 7pm and get some rest somewhere on the way up. It's an 8 hour ride and being right after work, I'll need some rest about halfway up there. And kids are not a problem. I have a 2 year old (the reason for heading up) and my GF's son is 6 so I'm already used to the many questions.

Michael
  4. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    It being a long weekend around here next weekend, we might head off camping, still working on the wife for that one. If we're around, I'll let you know.