Anyone in the PNW going to IDC?

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by Road Rash, Jul 25, 2005.

1. Road Rash

Road Rash Infamous Supporter

Oddometer:
    I haven't heard of anyone here going except for Mr. Cob, is there anyone else?
    I'm leaving Saturday or Sunday and thinking about doing some off roading near Ukiah and/or Imnaha, I would really like to ride up to the fire tower on Hat Point, never been there but heard it's a great view of the Snake River Canyon.
  2. Bo Pop Pop

Bo Pop Pop Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just returned from a weeklong trip to your fair state and used Frazier CG as a Basecamp. From Ukiah, take SR244 17 miles east to FR 5226, then head south on dirt to Tower Mtn. lookout. You'll meet an awesome couple who share lookout duties and enjoy one of the best views of Oregon. They tell us the record for climbing the 103 steps (12" rise) is held by a doc that visits every year on a motorcycle. His best time to the top is less than 30 seconds. Not me - I was a huffin' & puffin'.

http://www.geocities.com/rainforest/jungle/5057/towermtn.html
    [​IMG]

The day we were there we could see Mt. Rainier some 200 miles away. From Tower Mtn., continue south on dirt to (paved) FR 52 then head east past beeeeutiful Anthony Lakes to pick up I-84. So many routes & views, so little time!

Enjoy your trip, Tell Dave that DVD ride buddy Pat sez "Hi." :thumb
  3. dirtyboy

dirtyboy Wheel spinner

Oddometer:
    If I make it, I'll be driving down with bike in back of pickup. I know it's kinda lame, but I want to bring my dirtbike in case folks are riding trails, too. I hear there's lots of great trail riding down there.
  4. TongueLady

TongueLady Shine A Light

Oddometer:
    Hey, RoadRash...just wanted to let you know that I'm going up to Marysville to "help" with the move on Sunday. I know T3's mom and I have never been on the same side of the fence before:pain , but I think it's time we "buried the hatchet":hack ...hehehe...and I know just where to bury it. :evil

Asshat Landlord is gonna have to get through us first!
    :bash :gun1 :2guns :gun2

Hehehe...

HAVE A BLAST IN IDC!!!! And HI to Big John!!

(Sorry for the hijack...as you were, gentlemen...)
  5. Road Rash

Oddometer:
    Yes I would love to ride that area and I may make it a stop on the way but I would like at least a full weekend to ride the Winom/Frazier area. Thanks for the directions to another tower.
  6. Road Rash

Oddometer:
    I'm hauling the KLX, cause I want to get (semi) serious on some of the single track :ricky
  7. Road Rash

Oddometer:
    No worrys, your providing me with a service so I can get a good start for IDC :smooch
  8. dirtyboy

dirtyboy Wheel spinner

Oddometer:
    Ohhhhh....for some reason, I was under the impression that you were riding over and wanted to hit dirt on the way. I'll let you know if I'm going to make it, sounds like fun to break up the trip with some riding in NE Oregon.
  9. Saddletramp

Saddletramp a

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

If I get out of here Sunday morning, I'll go Riggins, Burgdorff, Yellow Pine, Lowman etc; Monday I'll just boogie down 95 and 55. Anybody for Sunday? Rode Mcgruder Corridor this week and it was fine. Some pics at the end of gallery at www. saddletramp.smugmug.com in western rides
  10. darkthought

darkthought pull my trunk

Oddometer:
    Hiya Road Rash,

Been to the Hat Point tower last year - views are good, as long as you don't go on a foggy day like Tantrum did :lol3

[​IMG]

A couple more pics from the tower here.

Go to 'Day 4' and then 'Day 4 Pics' for the stuff at Hat Point.

Have a good trip! :thumb
  11. Road Rash

Oddometer:
    Huh? :huh where's that? are you going to IDC? just want to meet up on the way? don't know if I'll make it to Hat Point but will be going through Heppner, Ukiah and ????
  12. Road Rash

Oddometer:
    Wow, thats nice, if I don't make it to Hat Point on this trip I must make it soon.
  13. Tantrum

Tantrum Condescending Nag

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    The view, after my ride to Hat Point and I'd repeat the journey!
  14. Road Rash

Oddometer:
    Yeah I think I like the other shot better :lol3 but it's still better then the one TequilaGirl and I saw when we tried to get up there in May a couple of years ago, made it about 12 miles up, and hit snow :evil
  15. Saddletramp

Saddletramp a

Oddometer:
    Hi Tom
    This is between Flora and Troy
    [​IMG]

Think I'll ride in Idaho going south, but want to go into that Hells Canyon country going out. Haven't had much luck riding there because of snow or mud. Oxbow to Joseph is paved now, I think
  16. Road Rash

Oddometer:
    Hey Saddletramp where are you at, I'm leaving Sunday morning and will camp around the Winim Frazer area I think, just going to wing it :D I also plan on rolling in to IDC Monday evening, maybe?
  17. dirtyboy

dirtyboy Wheel spinner

Oddometer:
    Think I'm gonna leave Sun. am and head toward Ukiah/Frazier area, will try to camp at Frazier, Four Corners, Frog Heaven, Bear Wallow Creek, or Lane Creek (in that order) depending on campsite availability. Planning to ride up to Tower Mtn tomorrow afternoon. I'll be in a dark blue Dodge Dakota QuadCab with either one or two KTMs (can't decide what to bring). Will head to IDC either Monday or Tuesday... My cell is 206-818-7466 in case anybody wants to try to connect before IDC (I have no idea what Verizon coverage will be like).

Cheers,
    Brian
  18. Road Rash

Oddometer:
    I'm heading out tomorrow AM, I'm planning on stopping off at the ORV park in Heppner just to check it out, then also was going to camp around the Frazier area, let's try to hook up, I sent ya a PM