Anyone interested in some light DS action in da nortwuds this Saturday?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by mogwai, Jun 21, 2004.

1. mogwai

mogwai humorless prick

Oddometer:
    I have a free pass for Saturday and am interested in some lightweight dual sport action. I need to become familiar with the KLR650 on some fire trails, backwoods roaming, etc. NOthing too severe, I am a wimp.

Any interest in exploring northern WI & da UP o' MI???
  2. reverand

reverand I love Dogs

Oddometer:
    Sounds like fun but I will be working. Some other time.

Marc
  3. mogwai

mogwai humorless prick

Oddometer:
    Looks like I'll head SW and join kfsinc in LaCrosse instead of exploring the nortwuds.
  4. r_crabb

r_crabb Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Mogwai,

Missed you at Enduraid 2004 last week. I've got the GPS tracks that I could e-mail to you, if you're interested in replicating it. Pretty tame stuff, compared to years past-you could control your level of difficulty very easily by speeding up or slowing down. One water crossing that NOBODY fell down on/in.

Cheers,

Robin
  5. mogwai

mogwai humorless prick

Oddometer:
    Thanks Robin!

I had to work around the house, but should have at least ridden down for Saturday night whiskey drinking with you. :freaky

The GPS coords won't do me any good without the toys to read them. I'm still a map & compass luddite. Sorry I missed the fun. Come play with us around LaCrosse this weekend.
  6. kfsinc

kfsinc Chaingolian Observer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Robin:

Where are you in Chicago? I'm off to LaCrosse about 10 am Saturday, returning to Crystal Lake by noon Sunday. 99.99% road riding for me, but I'm open to suggestion for some very easy off road.

Join us!

kfs
  7. r_crabb

r_crabb Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm about a mile and a half straight west of Wrigley field. I won't make it to Lacrosse this weekend, as I need to pull my swingarm and grease some bearings, but would love to hook up with you guys on a later date.

Robin