Anyone out there have the Sena SMH10?

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by sixsevenfive, Mar 24, 2010.

1. TheIglu

TheIglu Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I wish there was something like this for IOS.
  2. TowPro

TowPro Single Track Geezer

Oddometer:
    It has to be a phone setting because Poweramp works fine with mine
  3. Cataract2

Cataract2 Where to?

Oddometer:
    Best part about Android is Tasker. I have Tasker setup so when my wife texts me it will turn on the gps and get my location, speed, etc and text it to her with a link so she can see where I am. Just a way to let her know I'm alive and moving. I also use Tasker so when I am on the bike and it's connected to my Sena it will turn off my mobile data. Helps save the battery when I am out in the boondocks.
  4. CodyECSL

CodyECSL Taco Inspector

Oddometer:
    Greatest country in the world, TX (DFW area)
    There's a setting in Poweramp to have it start automatically when a Bluetooth headset is connected but I use Tasker just in case it ever fails to open automatically.
  5. Turnerdude1

Turnerdude1 Turnerdude1

Oddometer:
    I have a BMW System 6 headset and it does not play with my Nuvi 2597 GPS. Has anyone paired this GPS with a Sena SMH 10?
  6. AlecMyrddyn

AlecMyrddyn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Your problem is with the Nuvi, not your headset. The Nuvi 2597 is a car GPS, and the only Bluetooth capability it has is the ability to act as a remote control/speakerphone interface to your phone so you can make and receive calls through it. It does not have the capability of connecting to a headset to output spoken directions over Bluetooth.

There are Bluetooth dongles that exist that you can plug into the Headphone jack on the GPS that you can then sync to your System 6 or Sena to receive spoken directions. If you pair with your phone and listen to music, you want to find a dingle that uses the HFP/HSP Bluetooth profile to connect, *not* A2DP. Most motorcycle communication systems can only accept a single A2DP connection, meaning you could only listen to directions from the GPS *OR* music from your phone, not both.

Sena also makes a device called the SM10 that allows you to connect multiple devices to it, and pair it to your headset so you can hear all of them.

Your other option is to get a GPS that can use Bluetooth to connect to a headset to output directions.
  7. Turnerdude1

Turnerdude1 Turnerdude1

Oddometer:
    Thanks was afraid of that. Will just rock along without the sound in my head as can hear when the directions are spoken just not at high speed.
  8. VanXR

VanXR nOOb/NooB/noob/NOob/NOOB/ Supporter

Oddometer:
    The odd: Using my Sena smh10, Nav V and iphone this weekend. Have this Sena set up to listen to music off the nav V card. (other smh 10 set up for iphone music)
    All is well listen to music for the 1st hundred miles playing off the Nav V. Wife calls and figured it's the one call I will answer while riding (she knows not to call unless its urgent) After I hang up, the nav V won't play off the media card and the iphone is now providing the music???? Ideas?

Steve
  9. BlueLghtning

BlueLghtning Riding is my passion

Oddometer:
    Peachtree City, GA and Full Time RV Travel
    The iPhone connected first and grabbed the A2DP profile. Most likely when you power on your GPS, it grabs the HFP & A2DP profile first which only leaves the 2nd HFP profile your iPhone. Next that happens turn off the BT on the iPhone, connect the GPS, turn the BT back on on the iPhone.

Not sure why taking a call made that happen, but the above should get you back on track. You may try repairing the iPhone using the selective phone only pairing and maybe it won't try to grab the A2DP profile in the future.
  10. XICAQUE

XICAQUE Q' pedo?

Oddometer:
    Colorado Springs, CO Yes, we are full, move on
    Dear Lord!

Can't believe this pairing between iPhone, Sena SMH10 and Nav V is still giving everyone headaches!!!

Just came back from overseas. Was gone for about 5 months so I am ready to ride. Did the FW update on the Sena as well as any applicable updates for the Nav V and the iPhone.

I did clear all previous pairings and I can't no longer get it to pair among all three units.

I used to be able to receive calls and listed to music and get directions from the NAV V. Unfortunately, the step by step instructions can't no longer be found.

Has anyone in here have a step by step writeup willing to share it with me? If you are in the Tacoma/Olympia area, we could link up and perhaps do some riding after I guess this headache under control.

Thanks!!
  11. sorebutt

sorebutt Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just updated mine and now nothing works right. I have the SM10, which is the bluetooth device for music and radar. The music quits all the time and I have to reboot. Some units won't pair or only work sometime. I'd like to go back to before the update. I never had a problem before.
  12. XICAQUE

XICAQUE Q' pedo?

Oddometer:
    Colorado Springs, CO Yes, we are full, move on
    Finally got it working!

Had to read the instructions several times and ensure I understood them since you have to press buttons within certain amount of time.

I can now listen to music while cruising while receiving GPS commands and phone calls.

Music is streamed from the iPhone 6+
  13. BlueLghtning

BlueLghtning Riding is my passion

Oddometer:
    Peachtree City, GA and Full Time RV Travel
    Did you clear all your pairings after you updated? This is the biggest culprit when you don't clear all the pairings and do a factory reset of the unit.
  14. Cataract2

Cataract2 Where to?

Oddometer:
    +1
  15. reg26

reg26 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Want to let us all in as to how you accomplished this? I have the snh-10, iPhone 5s and nav V on a 2015 RT. I've tried it every which way and gave up. I cleared everything and just synced my Sena with my phone so I can at least hear tunes. I Miss the smartlink though
  16. GAVic

GAVic Largely unnoticed

Oddometer:
    Read the instructions on Multipoint pairing.

Pair you GPS with Multipoint and your phone normally.
    BlueLghtning likes this.
  17. GAVic

GAVic Largely unnoticed

Oddometer:
    It is a little tricky. It's been awhile since I have done it, you have to hold the button for just the right amount of time as I remember.
  18. reg26

reg26 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am familiar on Mulitipoint paring and have done it numerous times but still wont work. I'm going to dealer tomorrow for 600mi service, maybe has has an idea whats wrong. It really shouldnt be that difficult. I usually don't have problems with these kind of things
  19. reg26

reg26 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks. When it's done correctly as I have many times the Sena announces "Multipoint paring" thru the headset speakers so I'm sure I have that part correct.....I hope
  20. GAVic

GAVic Largely unnoticed

Oddometer:
    Yep that was the tricky part holding it just long enough to get it to start the multipoint pairing announcement. If you got that announcement and your GPS can't see the Sena to pair then your GPS or Sena must an issue.

Try pairing your IPhone on the multipoint. That would tell you if it can. I use two IPhones with multipoint now. I have a IPhone 4 as my GPS paired via multipoint and my IPhone 6 paired normally as my phone.