Anyone out there have the Sena SMH10?

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by sixsevenfive, Mar 24, 2010.

1. reg26

reg26 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Oh it sees it. Nav V says connected, phone says connected everything says the see each other and are paired but I cant hear music thru headset nor can I place or answer phone calls. Only thing i hear is nav directions. I had the Nav V on my Harley with the iphone and all functions worked perfectly worked perfectly. Popped the nav V into my new RT and nothing works lol. Maybe I shoulda kept the Harley
  2. GAVic

GAVic Largely unnoticed

Oddometer:
    Guess you will just have bungee down the GPS, or toss it in the milk crate and ride the KLR. :-)
    reg26 likes this.
  3. reg26

reg26 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  4. rob

rob Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    What I do with my '14's RT with Nav 5 and iPhone 6 with a Sena 20s, is to make sure the bluetooth is off on the phone before I turn on the bike. Once the headset pairs with the bike, I turn on the phone's bluetooth. It works 90% + of the time.
  5. reg26

reg26 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Soooooo I just went for a spin and listened to tunes thru me Sena 10 from my iPhone and had the Nav V set to some destination and hit the speak button and heard directions whenever I hit the wonder wheel. Stopped for gas and then got nothing! WTF ?
  6. reg26

reg26 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It seems after pouring thru all the different ways that people use to sync everything together that people with the 20s have a much better success rate the the SMH10
  7. AlecMyrddyn

AlecMyrddyn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The Sena SMH-10 supports a maximum of three connections:

2 HFP/HSP - Mono, Hands Free/Headset Profile for GSP announcements and phone calls.
    1 A2DP/AVRCP - Stereo signal for listing to music from an audio source, and the ability to send start/stop/FF/RW commands to that device from the Sena.

You have 2 devices you want to pair - your phone and your GPS - each of them can only pair to ONE other device. Both of these devices want to use TWO profiles, one HFP/HSP AND one A2DP/AVRCP. The Sena can't support this.

If you want the GPS to control the phone, the phone can ONLY be paired to the GPS, not to the GPS AND the Sena SMH-10. The GPS would then be paired to the Sena using the standard Mobile Phone Pairing, which will let it use both the HFP and A2DP profiles. Generally, people complain about poor audio quality for both phone calls and music when they do this, but it does let you see and control the phone calls from the GPS screen. It also means you cannot access Siri using the phone button on the Sena.

If you want to be able to listen to good quality audio and access Siri, you cannot have the phone paired to the GPS. You must instead pair the phone to the Sena using the Mobile Phone Pairing option, and the GPS to the Sena using the Multipoint GPS Pairing option.

You can try a third option as well, but it may not work. Pair the phone to the GPS, then pair the GPS to the Sena using Multipoint Pairing, and the Phone to the Sena using Bluetooth Stereo Device Pairing. This may let you control your phone calls and hear navigation from the GPS, and control music directly from the phone.

If you try to pair the phone to both the GPS and the Sena, it will sometimes do what you want, and sometimes not. It can only use one of those connections at a time, so it will depend on what order the devices are turned on as to which connection takes priority.

To make sure you are cleanly pairing, you must go into each device and remove the current pairings. That means in your phone, GPS AND the Sena, you need to remove all pairings. Only then can you start to pair the devices in a configuration that works for you. Make sure your Sena has been upgraded to the latest version of the Firmware as well. Instructions for each pairing mode and what button presses to use are available in the current Sena Manual.
  8. reg26

reg26 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks Alec. Ive tried your 2nd and third method with no success. I will try first method and see what the music sounds like but then i dont think the smart link app will work with my Nav V. Some one on another forum suggested covering up one of the connector pins on the back of the Nav V so it's not connected to any bike audio. then it should work like it did on my Harley in the Zumo 660 mount I use. I heard everything thru Sena headset. Music cut out for directions, I could receive and place phone calls, etc.. It worked perfectly every time
  9. Timpel

Timpel Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi,
    Is it possible for my Andriod device (One Plus One) to connect bluetooth to both my and my girlfriends headset at the same time? So we can listen to the same music played by one phone? SMH10R

thank you
    Tim
  10. AlecMyrddyn

Oddometer:
    Not in the way you suggest, but you have two options:

The SMH10R has built in music sharing since Firmware version 4.3. With the regular SMH10, you start an Intercom conversation, then hold the intercom button for two seconds to start the music. That causes the music to start playing to both headsets. Firmware releases are available here https://www.sena.com/category/firmware/firmware-smh10r/ I can't find a manual for the SMH10R that explains what buttons you press to start music sharing, and I know it has different controls than the SMH10. You might need to contact Sena for an updated manual.

Sena also sells the SM10 device which supports taking one input and pairing it to two headsets. http://www.sena.com/product/sm10/ But since the SMH10R supports sharing, I'm not sure why you'd want it.

Keep in mind in either case, you can talk on the Intercom OR listen to music; that's a limitation of the SMH10 series.
    BlueLghtning likes this.
  11. Cataract2

Cataract2 Where to?

Oddometer:
    No on the Android device (or any other for that matter unless they have 2 bluetooth antennas which is really unlikely.) With that said. The SMH10R should/does have the ability to share music. Someone might be able to post the instructions if I can't before tonight.
  12. Timpel

Timpel Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the answers. I was trying, but now i cant even piar the headsets anymore at all. Tried Everything i know. Delete all pairings, firmware update on both devices and reset with a paperclip. When pressing the center button until the pairing starts and then press one more time. It just keeps pairing but it does not. Tried on both devices. No idea whats wrong. Devices connects to BTPhone (switched off while pairing) suggestions?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk
  13. AlecMyrddyn

Oddometer:
    Hold the center button for 5 seconds on the first device until it announces "Intercom Pairing Mode".
    Immediately do the same thing on the second device.
    Both headsets will be blinking and giving off a repeating beeping noise.
    Tap the center button on *one* of the headsets and wait for the light to flash blue, it can take several seconds.
    BlueLghtning likes this.
  14. Timpel

Timpel Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Jee it worked amazing!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

Also the musical sharing
  15. Strima

Strima Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Has anyone of you guys ever connected a Sena SMH10 to the Schuberth SRC System? I've been able to connect to the SRC unit via bluetooth and communicate with the rider when I initiate the connection to him but am not able to get him to connect to me once we have been disconnected. Any pearls of wisdom would be much appreciated.
  16. Cataract2

Cataract2 Where to?

Oddometer:
    Universal Intercom,

http://www.sena.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/UsersGuide_SMH10_v5.1.1_en_1507221.pdf

Section 17

You can initiate the Universal Intercom connection with non-Sena
    Bluetooth headsets using the same intercom connection method as
    you would between other Sena headsets. You may single tap the Jog
    Dial to begin an intercom conversation with the first intercom friend,
    double tap with the second intercom friend, and triple tap with the
    third intercom friend.
    Non-Sena Bluetooth headsets may initiate the Universal Intercom
    connection, activating the voice dialing or using the redialing
    operation. You may also disconnect the existing connection by ending
    a call operation function (refer to the users’ manual of the headsets
    for voice dialing, redialing, and ending a call).

Basically, they are suppose to be just tape their phone button and it should connect.

Is that what they are doing?
  17. Strima

Strima Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That is exactly what we are doing but haven't been able to get it to connect unless the Sena initiates the connection first but will keep trying!! Thanks for the response.
  18. PilbaraWanderer

PilbaraWanderer Pilbara Cruising

Oddometer:
    Im just about to get a sena 10c the one with the camera has anyone used one of them yet ? And fitted em to the Nolan N44 helmets ?
  19. nick2ny

nick2ny Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Howdy all -- I have an SMH10 and now have an open face helmet. However, I've lost the boom mic--I just have the stick on one.

Does anyone by chance have a spare boom mic they could drop in the mail? I'd be happy to pay shipping. I'm in France but can provide a US address.

Thanks so much-
  20. sonnystile

sonnystile Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I might.

I can check later on when I get to the shop...