Anyone riding Moab area 9/12 or 9/13

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by joefromsf, Sep 11, 2019.

1. joefromsf

joefromsf Dark Happens Supporter

Oddometer:
    Older rider on a DR650 have a couple of days to ride Thursday / Friday. Started last weekend at thr DR650 Rally at 3 Step Hideaway and then relocated basecamp to Moab for the week. A couple of the DR guys rode with me here a couple of days before they had to head out. I'm OK riding by myself, but also don't mind riding with other inmates.

Did Fins & Things, Hurrah Pass and Chicken Corners with the other riders on Monday,

Did Gemini Bridges, Long Canyon, Potash Road, Shaefer Trail and Gemini Bridges road again yesterday by myself.

In the past I've done WRT twice.

Camped at Sand Flats Rd so text is best way to reach me. Joe @ 4-one-5 8-four-6 sixteen-62.
  2. windblown101

windblown101 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just got into moab a little bit ago. Will shoot you a text.
  3. OnOff

OnOff Long timer

Oddometer:
    Do Onion Creek
    Stop for lunch at the resort (Red Cliffs Lodge) to the left of Castle Creek winery. They have a pretty good food spread and overlook the river for beautiful scenery. You can eat inside if you need AC or outside if its nice!
    LaSal Loop is also a very pretty easy ride and will take you into the mountains.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    windblown101 and Skunk-Works like this.
  4. windblown101

Oddometer:
    Thanks for posting up Joe. And thanks for joining me for the ride up to the Top of the World. What a view! Keep rocking that DR.
  5. joefromsf

joefromsf Dark Happens Supporter

Oddometer:
    Glad we got to ride together for a couple of days James. Top of the World was tough, probably the hardest ride I've ever done, but the killer view payout at the end was worth it. Hope you are having a fun ride home. I did manage to complete the unfinished business in the San Rafael Swell after we parted, which was a nice topper to the trip.
    windblown101 likes this.
  6. windblown101

Oddometer:
    In Arkansas right now. Spent the day riding thru the Ozarks. Off to Kentucky tomorrow. Should be home in another 4 days or so.