anyone running Garmin software on the XP or 7 box?!

Discussion in 'Mapping & Navigation' started by hotwheels22, Sep 7, 2018.

1. hotwheels22

hotwheels22 motorradRP

Oddometer:
    i have a windows box with win 7 and XP and a "CitySelect V3" setup disk, Trips and Waypoint Manager Disk (v2.02) and a CIty Select North America V6 (v6.01) disk 1 and disk 2.

i also have a USB stick with OSM maps i am trying to load.

-

right now i have City Select V3 loaded on the WINDOWS 7 drive.

if i doubleclick on the CITY SELECT app icon on the desktop i get a prompt that says :

> "Mapsource could not find any installed products. Please install Mapsource products and start again."

also if i try to install the disk 1 of 2 for the CITY SELECT NORTH AMERICA V6 (to just try to bump start it or something) i get:

> "Please start this data CD from the Setup CD"

is there a way to get this suite of software and the 276c up and running on the XP box? if i google it i run into endless thread with people telling other to upgrade the OS or whatever.

also, is win 7 MORE compatible with the older garmin products?

i do have a couple macs but the issue with the newer macs is that the USB implementation does not recognize the older garmin hardware and the older (2012 and older) macs - or at least mine - uploads data to the garmin so slow i feel like i am in the stone age. and i mean really slow. like a week or more.

THANKS
  2. hotwheels22

hotwheels22 motorradRP

Oddometer:
    pics of win 7...

Attached Files:

3. hotwheels22

hotwheels22 motorradRP

Oddometer:
    ...and the disks.

Attached Files: