Anyone successfully downloaded "The Ultimate Big Duelie Ride..." on their Zumo 660?

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida' started by leftystrat62, Oct 23, 2010.

1. leftystrat62

leftystrat62 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am having no success on "transferring" the file from "The Ultimate Big Duelie Ride Thru Vt, Nh, Me & Nb Canada" from map source to my Zumo 660. I've dragged the file into map source,and can view it fine,but when I transfer it it only takes a split second to do it instead of the usual time it should take. After that I check it in my gps and it's not there? Is it possible that I can see it in map source,but it's not there to transfer? I'm stumped-can anyone help?
  2. intothenew

intothenew Briar Patch Navigator

Oddometer:
    My Zumo-Fu aint' poo, but I will try to at least confuse you some more.

I'm guessin' that your unit will only take 50 points on an auto route. The UBDR, as published, has 248 in one route. Do you know how to cut and paste points to create a route in mapsource?

Just keep her level, we can land this thing.
  3. leftystrat62

leftystrat62 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    No,I've never heard of doing that,but with some directions I will try. I just did do the Trans Mass Trail & puppy dog route-I wonder if those are larger than 50 points? Are the points waypoints? Thanks
  4. leftystrat62

leftystrat62 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I think you are correct about the 50 points. Someone else said to go to tools,my data,import data-then it will show if it was downloaded into my GPS & it is! I then click on it and click import it,and this is what it says:can not import selected route.The route has too many via points.
    Sounds like what you suggested may work,but how do I do it?
  5. intothenew

intothenew Briar Patch Navigator

Oddometer:
    Just soes I keep you good and confused, 250 or less route points works on some units in "direct" or "off-road" route. I have no clue if your unit has that functionality. That mode of routing just draws a straight line between each point. It looks crude, but can be effective.

Let's make one quick fly by before we try to land, ok?

In the UBDR file you will find only one route, named 2009 TURF & SURF ADVENTURE. In the left pane, right click on that route and then left click on "route properties". Another small window should light up with three tabs. choose the "via points" tab if that is not the active one. That shows, in order, the 248 points of the route. +1 actually, but that is just to confuse you.

We can slice and dice this pretty much any way we want. Let's just try the first five points. Scroll to the top of the via point list, the beginning of the route, hold down the control key while you left click the first five points. Release control, then right click on one of those five points, choose copy. DO NOT CLOSE the route properties window or ANYTHING ELSE.

Open another copy of mapsource. Choose edit>new route. Another route properties window should open. Right click in the area where the points should go, you will only show that +1 point "< end >", and choose paste. Close that route properties box and you should show a new route, with five points, in a new file that you need to name and save.

You can now close the route properties box in the UBDR file.

If that works, we'll cut it up into bite size pieces for your unit. Check on that direct route thing too, would ya?
  6. leftystrat62

leftystrat62 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It will be a few days until I can try it,but I'll keep you posted.:thumb