Anyone use or try the Domio Helmet Audio device?

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by bicyclenut, Apr 24, 2018.

1. anton kennard

anton kennard n00b

Oddometer:
    I actually paid $336. As it was for 2 units (twinpack) as well as 2 sets of noise cancelling earplugs. I feel like that marlin that did not get away...:-(
  2. anton kennard

anton kennard n00b

Oddometer:
    SO I logged the resolution, waiting their reply...again thanks for the advice!
  3. rickypanecatyl

rickypanecatyl SE Asia adventure tours

Oddometer:
    Thanks for letting us know!! I was about to get one... their adds are bombarding me every 30 seconds I'm on facebook so I figured they must be awesome!!In fact they even say that everyone says they are awesome!!

anton kennard likes this.
  4. Red liner

Red liner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey, thanks for the dolmio feedback. Their ads were very convincing.

Please blank out your address and phone number on the picture you posted...
  5. anton kennard

anton kennard n00b

Oddometer:
    Just to let you know, Paypal, refunded me the full $336 today. Relieved, one lesson learnt, stay away from Domio.....
  6. Morgo690

Morgo690 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Domio sports is a sham!! They have no product, some people have waited 2 years and just keep getting form letter responses that you’re order will ship in 4-6 weeks! I personally have been editing 9 months, they won’t issue refund, went through BBB and they refused to respond, going through Canada’s consumer protection process now. Do not pay them. Check all the complaints at BBB ! They are not motorcycle people! Real pos!
  7. darngood1

darngood1 I'm DarnGood1. I ride 'n stuff.

Oddometer:
    Stick with UCLEAR, Cardo or Sena. The only legitimate players in the Bluetooth helmet audio category who have integrated into the powersports industry and invested in tech support, and product development. Literally EVERY other "brand" I've checked into is Chinese-made knockoff tech from paper marketing companies. Most of them (including Domio, Lexin, SC1 and others you see on Amazon, Wish & Alibaba) have copied tech from those 3 main brands, make them in China, then sell them cheap by circumventing distribution/dealership sales and by avoiding R&D costs. Most of the knock-offs have the same guts, just a different outer casing and brand printed on them. The closest thing I can compare it to that everyone will know is Apple Air Pods vs the many copy cats all over social media, Amazon, Wish, etc. You can take a little seed money, get a Chinese manufacturer to make you 2500 Air Pod knock-offs with your name on them for about $15ea, then market them all over Instagram for $40 under a paper LLC with no tangible assets. Boom, BoB's Wireless Ear Buds is born for about $50K investment. Go to the Hong Kong Electronics Show with your checkbook, and you can be "in business" within weeks, but you are really just a marketing company that buys and sells a product, not a manufacturer...

FYI: I know for a fact that Domio was searching around recently looking for someone to manufacture their product, and looking to license tech from one of the brands above. When your sound induction concept was copied in the first place, and you couldn't figure out how to also copy their intercom tech, and have trouble finding a manufacturer... not good signs. The sound induction concept does work, but mainly for outdoor sports helmets. And they will sound different based on shell material, EPS thickness and padding so no consistency there. When you get moving fast and loud, they lose their sound clarity and can't cancel outside noise, so then you have a large heavy noise maker on your ADV helmet.

What you have in North America is 3 REAL intercom companies (UCLEAR, Cardo & Sena) and the rest, so far, are "marketing companies" who come and go because they don't really develop their own products, do all the R&D, and integrate with the powersports industry. The only thing they really make is great videos, websites, and social media ads... props for that I guess.

No way for consumers to know this stuff- I just happen to work in a field where I'm close to these brands and usually know what's going on there.
    Motorius, Beachside and 9w6vx like this.