Anyone using an MRA X-Creen on a Puig Touring windshield?

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by lacofdfireman, Oct 4, 2019.

1. lacofdfireman

lacofdfireman Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I recently bought a Puig Touring windscreen and to be honest it’s ok but I think it could benefit with an MRA X-Creen to help reduce buffeting. I had one on an 09 GSA and it was great. I really think it would be great on the Puig. Wondering if anyone has one on their bike. Also if you do will the clamp model work vs the one you actually drill holes into your screen. I’d like to be able to move it from one screen to another if needed. If you do have one and don’t mind posting a pic of it mounted to your Puig screen I’d love to see it. Thanks.

IMG_3166.JPG
  2. monolithic

monolithic Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I Have a drill through in perfect condition if you decide to go that route...
  3. lacofdfireman

Oddometer:
    Possibly. I just hate the thought that I can’t move it from screen to screen without leaving holes. I’ll most likely buy a clamp on if it’s compatible.
  4. llll1lll1

llll1lll1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I bought the $28 knock off on amazon. It’s installed on the OEM GSA screen and works wonders (clamp on)

I have a puig touring from my 1200gsa. Looks like it would work fine, but you’ll want the windshield reinforcement for sure.
  5. lacofdfireman

Oddometer:
    You happen to have a link on Amazon for your knockoff X-Creen? I can never find the right one.
  6. Deano747

Deano747 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Quite a few posts here about the X-Creen.

A few photos of mine on a Puig screen at post #22

Clamp on has been fine for > 7,000 Kms now.

Ditto the above post re windscreen supports.
  7. Podman

Podman Rocketman

Oddometer:
    Man you dudes must be really tall - I have a small Puig ws with a screen spoiler and get super clean smooth air

IMG_0180.jpeg
    eddyturn and monolithic like this.
  8. Hammerdown77

Hammerdown77 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes, I had one on the Puig touring screen that was on my bike for about 6 months, and it helped tremendously with the high frequency buffeting I was getting off that screen.

I had the regular, not the touring version of the MRA X-creen. It was a little small for the Puig touring screen, so if I had to do it again I would get the touring version. The smaller one works/looks better with standard sized GS screens (not wider GSA).
  9. llll1lll1

llll1lll1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Adjustments.JPG
  10. chillerman

chillerman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes, I have the clamp-on MRA X-creen with a Puig touring windshield. It works great for me. If I had to do it over again I would have just installed the MRA on the stock screen. The Puig alone didn't do much for me. BMW bag.jpg
  11. GP1200

GP1200 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I had this setup but found it actually worked too well and I'm 6'5" . I decided to stay with the Puig alone with the support brackets so the screen didn't deflect or bounce around. If you live in a hot state you will fry behind the Puig and Xcreen. It's good for cold weather though but not necessary IMO.
  12. lacofdfireman

Oddometer:
    6’5” Tall enough to need more windscreen for sure.