Anyone using The Guglatech air filter on the 1x90?

Discussion in 'Hard. Core. (1090/1190/1290)' started by NextAdventre, Jun 25, 2019.

1. NextAdventre

NextAdventre Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Title says it all.
    Who is running a Guglatech? Filter what year and model? Any issues?

I’ve got a 2016 SA and trying to decide between the Touratech Uni Kit (already ordered) and the recently discovered Guglatech air filter.

The advantage of the Uni is it will definitely be seal the airbox, though I think by 2016 the air boxes all seem to be sealing well. Hard to tell based on the threads I’ve looked over.

I searched threads via google and the site... not much here on the Guglatech other than what the vendor posted. Based on their videos Unifilter is a flop, though I suspect that test was carefully engineered to highlight the talcum powder filter prowess of the Guglatech. Most folks seem to love their Uni filters...
  2. Doktor

Doktor Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sorry, I'm not using the air filter kit but, I am using his fuel filter setup and it that is any indication, his stuff is top notch. He even emailed me when I forgot something I should have added to the order to make sure I really didn't want it. Great service and a very nice product.
  3. KTM 1190advR

KTM 1190advR Enema of the state Supporter

Oddometer:
    I also have installed the complete fuel filter set-up by Guglatech and it is really good. I also purchased the air-filter but haven’t installed it yet. Looks way better than the DNA sold as PowerPart (tried it on my 1190), not to mention the K&N crap.
    The fact that it CAN be used dry is what sold me in on it.
    I’ll install it next time the tank’s off, together with the tuned velocity stacks from Rottweiler.
    NextAdventre likes this.
  4. AllSeasonRider

AllSeasonRider Wandering, maybe a little lost...

Oddometer:
    Uni filter is no guarantee the airbox will be sealed, and plenty of post-2016 bikes with leaky airboxes. The unifilters snorkels have a habit of disintegrating, the gasket is a band aid in my view, and the panel filter seems like it will reduce power. I ordered one but returned it.

I'm sure the Guglatech is a great air filter, but it does nothing to address the lousy stock airbox. KTM attempted to fix it a couple times, but they can still leak over the top of the filter, so the increased sealing ability of any panel filter doesn't fully address the problem.

PowerCell pods for me, with thier pre filters. Spendy, but I never have to worry about it.
    NextAdventre likes this.
  5. peter_tux

peter_tux in search for life on earth

Oddometer:
    I installed the Guglatech air filter a few months ago and it looked like a very well made product. will see how it fairs after a few washes - but this test will take at least a couple of years.
    NextAdventre likes this.
  6. Green Boy

Green Boy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I’ve had one installed for about 6 months now. Opened the airbox up a couple of months ago and it’s clean behind there. On the basis of their other quality fuel products this seems to be another good one and apart from the known issues with the airbox which I addressed with getting a 2016 one and adding the uni filter sealing kit, would recommend if you want to keep the airbox.
    comradecasey and NextAdventre like this.
  7. Lloyd Christmas

Lloyd Christmas Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Can someone please direct me to the unifilter sealing kit? I seem be only able to find the filter.

Also, someone mentioned above that the velocity stacks from the rottweiler will work for this setup. Any proven changes with this setup and the stock airbox? Thank you.
  8. NextAdventre

NextAdventre Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Lloyd Christmas likes this.