app review: MotoScan für BMW Motorrad (the 1000 word edition)

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by sarathmenon, Mar 15, 2016.

1. vientoymar

vientoymar Motorbikes are a drug that change my life

Oddometer:
    Hello. Still waiting an answer from developer.
    I guess the only way is to send him as much log errors as possible. I'll try to connect the OBD every week and send him the log error.
    Maybe if we collapse his email, he will get our attention and start to work on it :D

He answered to my first email in 24 hours.

Dipl.-Ing. Wladimir Gurskij
    WGSoft.de
    Automotive Diagnostic Software
    Email: wladi@wgsoft.de
    Homepage: http://www.wgsoft.de, https://www.obd-2.de, https://www.motoscan.de
    Tel.: 05223/491234

But you have just confirmed that the problem is still there.
    It was only 15 days ago, maybe it's too soon.
  2. bmwroadsterca

bmwroadsterca RadioFlyer

Oddometer:
    It only seems to be a problem with the Engine Electronics realtime digital inputs as the app will sense the switch closures for the inputs to the ZFE.
  3. Pilotuh1b

Pilotuh1b Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Has anyone got an option to reset the service reminder with laptop? I have a USB OBD2 cable with 10 pin connector. Just don’t know what app or software to use.
    Thanks.
    Otherwise, an iOS app? and I’ll fork out for a Bluetooth connector.
    Thanks.

Can’t commit to buying an android just for motoscan...
  4. bmwroadsterca

bmwroadsterca RadioFlyer

Oddometer:
    "Can’t commit to buying an android just for motoscan..."

Just buy some old Android phone for a few bucks. No need for a cell subscription - just Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
  5. bmwroadsterca

bmwroadsterca RadioFlyer

Oddometer:
    I emailed the log file that resulted from the error. This is the response that I received:

"Hello,

Thank you for the logs. We wiil check it and solve the problem.

Best Regards"
  6. vientoymar

vientoymar Motorbikes are a drug that change my life

Oddometer:
    I think is an auto answer email.
    Will waiting bit more, test again and try to ask more personal With the New log files.
    In a free or cheap app I would wait more or Just accept it, but With 30€ app, I'm going to require more for sure.
  7. bmwroadsterca

bmwroadsterca RadioFlyer

Oddometer:
    I agree particularly since clutch switches and side stand switches are common failure points and not having the ability to verify their operation is a major omission. They are safety items.
  8. bmwroadsterca

bmwroadsterca RadioFlyer

Oddometer:
    Does anyone know if the MotoScan app will change the auto-cancellation time/distance for the turn signals and, if it will, under which menu is that function hiding?
  9. WayneC

WayneC Long timer

Oddometer:
    To receive any meaningful replies on a coding capability with any diags/coding application the year & model of the bike is necessary
  10. bmwroadsterca

bmwroadsterca RadioFlyer

Oddometer:
    We are in the Parallel Universe here. It is a K72 F650GS 2010 and I imagine the answer is common to several models (K70, K71, K72, K75, K73).
  11. bmwroadsterca

bmwroadsterca RadioFlyer

Oddometer:
    Those of you exploring the Mototscan app will come across references to things like "KL54".

The "KL" is from the German "Klemmenbezeichnung" or "terminal designation". The "54" is the designation following a standard known as DIN 72552.

"54" = brake light.

See:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DIN_72552
    morfic likes this.
  12. morfic

morfic Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    There wouldn't happen to be another DIN for error codes? To explain what error 13B3 stands for? App doesn't say.
  13. Moto Mikey

Moto Mikey Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Has anyone successfully used the Motoscan Ultimate app to encode some features/options? I recently installed LED turn signals, and as expected, received a LAMP error on the dashboard due to the CANBUS thinking I have a bulb out. From searching around on the interwebs, it seems like you can activate an option in the ZFE to work with "low consumption" LED turn signals. I tried clearing the code and then encoding/activating this option ("Low Consumption LED KL58R") in Motoscan on my F800GS, however, I continue to receive a LAMP error after turning on the signals. Any ideas? Anyone else try this?
  14. fjmartin

fjmartin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If you don't find a solution via programming and want to get rid of the lamp alarm, Cyclops has 4 amber canbus compatible bulbs for $80.
    https://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/BMW-Canbus-LED-Blinker-Bulb-4-Pack_p_149.html

I put them in my 2017 F800GSA and they work well, fit fine and no lamp error.

They also have their new evolution light series which is pretty darn cool but expensive....but half of what Weiser wants for theirs
    https://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/Evolution-safety-turn-signal-inserts_p_204.html

Weiser: https://www.weisertechnik.com/
    morfic and The Maz like this.
  15. morfic

morfic Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Coding works I guess, but other than disable options I have to prove it works I haven't been able to enable anything I didn't have.
    I also have canbus compatible Amber LEDs, price above is better, so not linking mine.

If I had known Cyclops had a weiser clone for a little more than half the price I'd have gone for those.

Edit: (11 hours later) As I stand here with hazard lights flashing I notice I have several of the individual LEDs out....sad, almost as sad as taking a razor blade to the rear tire, RDC alerted me quick and I made it with 2 PSI into an empty lot on way to work.
  16. Moto Mikey

Oddometer:
    I emailed the Motoscan folks over a week ago and still haven't heard from them.. might end up installing resistors. Moderately annoying since I purchased the Motoscan app ($50) with the sole intention of fixing the turn signals :bluduh
  17. morfic

morfic Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Do you have a link to your LED blinker bulbs? Since my canbus compatible ones are flakey now (lost some segments per bulb now) I might go the cheap+resistor route next as replacement.
  18. Moto Mikey

Oddometer:
    They're the BMW Euro signals
    morfic likes this.
  19. bl4ze

bl4ze n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi,
    does anyone have a recent aliexpress link to an odbII adapter which works?
    mx link and uniscan are 60 to 80 € in germany...
  20. puchyyla

puchyyla Adventurer

Oddometer: