Apple Valley Rally 2016 - Thursday Sept 29th - Sunday Oct 2nd, 2016

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by Apple Jam, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Corradokid135

Corradokid135 My KLR doesn't have a milk crate

Oddometer:
    Good call Jeff! I even got crash bars for it finally so this year when I dump it in the river again it won't bend my gas tank in anymore than I did last year :muutt:lol3
    Woundflatout likes this.
  2. OR_Rider

OR_Rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm a maybe...
    Apple Jam likes this.
  3. lucknau

lucknau Greenhorn

Oddometer:
    I gave my wife the "hey, after I get done doing the WABDR for a week, do you mind if I go hang out at that thing I do every year? You know, the thing out in Parkdale?" And she gave me the sidelong glance that says "MF, you're leaving me alone with these kids for a full week so you can go play in the dirt with your friend, and you think I'm gonna let your dumb ass go play in the dirt for another week with your friends while these kids eat me for breakfast every F'in day? FAWK YOH!"

So... she didn't exactly say no... but maybe I'm out.

Or maybe I'll drive out with the dog and one or two of the kids, and just hang out and car camp.
    thirsty 1 and Squishy like this.
  4. Apple Jam

Apple Jam Forest Flyer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    That sounds perfect. I'm leaving to go ride ID-BDR the whole week before, and will get back the Sunday before AVR to work three days before taking Thu/Fri off for the AVR. Billy Bob SnoPark is a good place for dogs and families, so bring them ALL to the AVR. You can skip the bike, there's plenty to do to keep it a family gig.
    ....And then we can still get you too drunk at the campfire each night you stay ! :photog
    lucknau, Scott_PDX and Corradokid135 like this.
  5. Dr Klaun

Dr Klaun Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    AJ,

Has there been any decisions on food by either the group or by others (for dinners)?

I'm open to any and all scenarios....
  6. ErraticAKn

ErraticAKn On roads less traveled...

Oddometer:
    Use it now, pay for it later. Get a replacement now and bring it along... Not much compares to being heckled around camp while changing a tire.
    Apple Jam likes this.
  7. layzrider

layzrider Layzrider

Oddometer:
    If you all decide to cook the meals ourselves, I can help with some cooking and some dish washing in my trailer. Possibly cook two breakfasts, sat, sun, and two dinners, fri, sat? Potluck dinners?
  8. brokeassloser

brokeassloser I'll do it!!!

Oddometer:
    Well damn. I'm out. My renters are moving out and I have to do some of that grown up stuff to get the house ready and keep it up.
  9. RideAbout

RideAbout Mentally Retired

Oddometer:
    Oh yeah!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1473637303.254920.jpg
  10. Apple Jam

Oddometer:
    Well, I hadta remove that idea from the first post...The Fire Dept cannot "vend" within the forest boundaries and the food cart wants a large guaranteed number of dinners sold, so that it's worth their effort to be there onna weekend. I'm not sure I wanna make that guarantee and get stuck with any costs or even deal with any money changing hands at all this year.

So I think this year's gonna be no tip jar, no setup year....but I really wanna suggest that we all SHARE well enough so that those RIDING IN get fed well without resorting to Mountain House or similar. So let's ALL make too much food for everybody, and throw it out on the tables (tables that WE need to bring...) and do this thing potluck style. We can all feed all of us this year, can't we? I'll drive the pickup up there Wednesday night so I can bring some tables, the 12x12 easy up, all the coffee cups and flatware that y'all donated the last few years, along with the 40 cup coffee maker and 15 gallons of fresh water and the big 55g drum charcoal BBQ....and you can all use it.

If you're riding in, or are just a very bad cook, give the guy in the motorhome or camper next to you $20 for food, and get together and cook and party like ADVers should, and potluck like we just did this weekend at Wetfest 2016.

Thanks @Off Road Ryder for the generous offer to pay the catering trip fee, but maybe you can just buy some charcoal instead?
    WTF? ADVers aren't supposed to be....responsible folk...just sharing folk.
    BTW, B.A.L.....we still have your coffeepot, so we'll bring that up and make good use of it.

nessy310 likes this.
  11. brokeassloser

brokeassloser I'll do it!!!

Oddometer:
    The coffeepot is just part of AVR now. If I can I'll break away for a day maybe I'll see you all but I gotta do some adulting.:nah
    Apple Jam likes this.
  12. layzrider

layzrider Layzrider

Oddometer:
    I can bring a table and a pop up shelter to put it under. I will also plan on cooking some easy to fix and clean up pot luck dishes for the dinners. I can also help with some breakfast food. Possibly dig into the kitting jar some reimbursement. I sure hope it is not raining and plan accordingly. I can camp in the rain in my trailer but it makes everything else kind of tough. I will plan on a trip to Costco to stock up.
    Apple Jam likes this.
  13. Apple Jam

Oddometer:
    Thanks, BAL. We'll make good use of it at hangover:AM

See that...ADVers that are riding in?
    lazyrider is offering food for a couple of you at least, so plan to throw some cash at him and eat his food.
    That's the spirit we need this year :clap
  14. tdewitt

tdewitt gas'n it

Oddometer:
    I'm sure Marty will be more that happy to help wash any dishes that might need to be cleaned. I too always have a little extra grub on the fire.
    Apple Jam likes this.
  15. Corradokid135

Corradokid135 My KLR doesn't have a milk crate

Oddometer:

Well... I got antsy and killed off what was left of the 606 at Diamond Mill OHV yesterday so a new TKC80 is in route!!! I will be riding in thursday morning and will try to be as self sufficient as possible but will GLADLY kick money to someone who is will to let me eat something that's not dehydrated :D
  16. nessy310

nessy310 I Bleed Orange

Oddometer:
    Thanks Scott! Yeah, made an account a few years ago, but haven't been on here that much. Trying to get a little more involved in the ADV community on here and spend less time on YouTube and Facebook, lol. I'm gonna try to make it for a day to the AVR, but might be just to hangout as I will have my 14 month old with me while my wife is working. I'll check that thread out! Yeah, still got the mini track going and built, planning my annual Santa Mini Bike Race for Saturday December 3rd :)
  17. Mr Dual Sport

Mr Dual Sport Is no longer on ADV

Oddometer:
    Sorry AJ. Not going to make it this year. Out of town rides already planned the weekends before and after. Have to sneak in some income producing time between em.
  18. drmiller100

drmiller100 Long timer

Oddometer:
    i'll be camping in the suburban with the DR on the back. I have an EZ up. coleman stove. can bring pots and pans and a cooler with food and beer.

if Scott comes, we'll bring a trailer for the scooters. I don't really like cooking. If someone wanted to team up, and give me a grocery list, I'd bring food and stuff and someone else can cook.......... fwiw, coming from boise.
  19. Apple Jam

Oddometer:
    Sorry to hear, J....But glad to at least see the two-a-yous at WF !!

:clap
    If you two are coming all the way from Boise,...I'll still cook for you!
  20. MarcusWelds

MarcusWelds Nude

Oddometer:
    A 6hr drive is startin to sound pretty awesome after being on plane for 12 hours...
    Corradokid135 and One Fat Roach like this.