1. ADVRIDER Print Magazine!
    We're doing two more print magazines year. July & November. 144 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase both for $35.
    Dismiss Notice

Aprilia 1200 Rally

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by JohnG., Feb 20, 2015.

1. atokad

atokad wan⋅der⋅lust

Oddometer:
    Where did everyone go? 7 months and no posts? C'mon guys, I am considering one of these. How about some updates, pics, pics of your performance awards?
    :lurk
  2. stevie99

stevie99 That's gotta hurt Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    61D3C20A-AA3E-44CF-9CA9-D987627B7275.jpeg
    They’re all wishing they’d have bought a Stelvio.
    OldPete likes this.
  3. Dracer35

Dracer35 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've been enjoying mine quite a bit. Just forgot about posting on here.

20180623_104851.jpg

20180502_191937.jpg

20180502_190729.jpg

20180702_154016.jpg
    bobw likes this.
  4. Paul124ac

Paul124ac Long timer

Oddometer:
    Must admit, not getting out as much as I should.

143BEEF0-136F-4BBB-A841-F6CB868B34CF.jpeg
    bobw and Dracer35 like this.
  5. Dracer35

Oddometer:
    So I decided I was tired of the huge stock exhaust. While searching around I found a seller on eBay that was selling the GPR pipe for our bikes for just under $270 shipped. So figured at that price compared to all the others I've seen being $500+. I gave it a shot. Mine shipped directly from the factory in Italy on Tuesday and was at my doorstep here in Mid-Missouri Thursday afternoon. No joke. Put it on the bike this morning and took it for a quick ride. No complaints here. (Note, I already had the Healtech exhaust servo eliminator.)

IMG_20191108_094344.jpg

IMG_20191108_082906__01.jpg

IMG_20191108_083506__01.jpg
    bobw and Paul124ac like this.
  6. Paul124ac

Paul124ac Long timer

Oddometer:
    It’s like they gave the work experience kid who is also the bosses nephew the job of the exhaust. It’s one big ugly lump but stumping up a grand to fix something that ain’t broke didn’t make sense. At that price I’d do it, I’ll check that out thanks. Not too noisy? Nothing worse than a “spirited” exhaust 3 hrs later.
    Dracer35 likes this.
  7. Dracer35

Oddometer:
    I agree lol. I had the exhaust valve removed and Healtech already installed on my bike so obviously it was slightly louder at the times when the valve would have normally been closed. With the baffle in, the sound level is similar with a little more punchy bite when getting on it harder. With the baffle out it's slightly louder all around but still fairly civilized while cruising around at low rpm. Heavy throttle input let's it speak it's true voice with a pronounced bark, a strong bassy tone and a decent closed throttle burble. I love the sound of a healthy twin so I will keep it baffle out but it's still nowhere near obnoxious like the straight piped Harley guys.
    bobw and Paul124ac like this.
  8. Sock Monkey

Sock Monkey 99% bullshitter...the other 1% is just lies

Oddometer:
    :nah

Had one. Wouldn't go back to it. The soft tappets were the final straw......
    Dracer35 and stevie99 like this.
  9. stevie99

Oddometer:
    My tappets are hard as a hamsters dick.
  10. Sock Monkey

Oddometer:
    :eek7
  11. stevie99

Oddometer:
    Roller tappets, 77,000 trouble free miles so far.
    Sock Monkey likes this.
  12. Sock Monkey

Oddometer:
    Mine was pre-rollers and wearing fast.

And now, back to the Rally..... :-)
    bobw and Dracer35 like this.
  13. slipknot

slipknot Hello Girls

Oddometer:
    How's the Aprilia dealer network developing?
  14. Sock Monkey

Oddometer:
    Don't know about everywhere else, but here in NorCal all the usual suspects are still in business..... :dunno

Meanwhile, the BMW/KTM franchises just "lost" a big dealership here. I say "lost" because there were two stores that are consolidating into one. I'm guessing business wasn't good enough to keep them both open, but I also know there has been a fairly odd arrangement between those two stores since the second one opened. At first they were owned by the same person, and then they split into 2 separate companies but shared inventory. Then again, when the owner of the first store passed away unexpectedly some years back, I don't think that store was ever the same again. :cry
  15. county911

county911 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just caught with all the newer posts. The dealer network is thin, I live in Pittsburgh and had to travel two hours to pick up my 2016 my executive demo model. Fits me good. One problem, does anyone know how to sync the aprilia app to the bike?
  16. jay dub

jay dub dudeman

Oddometer:
    I have not done this yet, but I believe you need to purchase the multimedia platform ecu first. https://www.af1racing.com/store/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=76984

There's a helpful link on that page instructing how to sync your phone once the ecu is installed.
  17. Leebo

Leebo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What do you need to do to put an after market pipe on? do you need this?" Healtech exhaust servo eliminator"?
    Has anyone had the ECU re-flashed? My dealer said once you do a REXXER re flash it is a whole differnt bike
  18. Leebo

Leebo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Dacer35, that can looks good on there.. that is the exact same bike i have...can you send me or post the seller contact info?
    Thanks
    Lee
  19. Leebo

Leebo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    well winter has set in here. I just went back and scrolled through this thread ,seems that we have all fallen off a bit.
    We have gotten 54 inches of snow at the house so far this month.. Bike is in the corner of the garage on a trickle charger and petty much done for the winter. Only rode about 4000 miles last season.
    I crashed an Aprilia RSV4 1000 at New York Safety track on memorial day weekend that caused me to cancel my dragon trip and all the track days i had planned.
    I did add ROX risers to the bike this summer and they went on with out a problem. seemed to be plenty of slack in all the cables, hoses and all.
  20. Dracer35

Oddometer:
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/302205020571

The seller I bought from doesn't have any more listed. The next closest thing is about $80 more but even then it's not a bad deal. Yes, I added the Healtech to mine and removed all the exhaust valve parts. It runs great not and doesn't have any error lights on the dash. I've been riding all winter still minus when the snow is too thick. Planning a long distance trip this spring and possibly another track day if it all works out.