1. ADVRIDER Print Magazine!
    We're doing two more print magazines year. July & November. 144 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase both for $35.
    Dismiss Notice

Aprilia Capo 1000 tank / fairing decals

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by NJjeff, Apr 14, 2021.

1. NJjeff

NJjeff Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think it's damage from the sun. It's only on the right side. I noticed the tank decals are clear coated and good, but the fairing decals are not coated and are peeling.
    Has anyone seen this? I guess it's too late to repair. I checked and AF1 does not have this color anymore.

P1020338.JPG
    P1020340.JPG
  2. wpbarlow

wpbarlow Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey Jeff- how are you and my old bike doing?

Glad to see you still have it: though that's an odd (but maybe typically Italian-type) problem
  3. NJjeff

NJjeff Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hello Walter. I'm good, thanks for checking in. I didn't get to take my yearly bike trip due to COVID, but hopefully this year.

As for the bike some time ago I switched out the ignition coils to a CBR600 set off ebay, the bike has been totally reliable. Actually the original coils continue to work but the EFI light simply blinked. The new coils fixed that.
    This fairing decal thing, only cosmetic is odd. Just was wondering if someone had a answer, cure, whatever. I should ask on AF1 site but I forgot my login.
    Hopefully we can meet up sometime soon.