1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

AR-ADV Camping Thread

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by OLEARY, Jan 12, 2011.

1. OLEARY

OLEARY Enlightened Voyager Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yeh! Sure do! I revised it at camp Friday night and downloaded to all who had GPS's before the ride. Here it is. The track called 11Roasting Ear Rd is the trail I rode to Hwy 263. The track up Little Mountain off of the Red River Rd is on the main track. Scene of the accident was 2782 Cr-74 just west of Amanda Lane. :norton

View attachment 175 BSRA 2014 Track.gpx
  2. OLEARY

Oddometer:
    After stopping in Shirley to top off our tanks we headed north up the Red River Road. A lot more sippy holes than I remember from last year but I guess they have had pretty steady rain like everyone else. Always a fun ride. :norton
  3. Wookazoid

Wookazoid Tree Basher

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the tracks Tim! I also like the shots Mdawg took of City Rock Bluff... glad y'all got to go there!

Greg
  4. Philb772

Philb772 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Good video Tim, that was a fun section. Not sure where I messed up, but my GoPro video did not turn out. I need to work on the set up and get more familiar with the camera before the next group ride. The battery died a lot sooner than it should have so hopefully I can get this figured out and contribute to the ride reports next time.
  5. bigdon

bigdon Long timer

Oddometer:
    When's the next one? I would like to ride with you guys ,if you ride with Texans! :D
  6. Philb772

Oddometer:
    The next camp and ride is July 18-20th at Lake Sylvia (Central Arkansas) just west of Little Rock. Come join us.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=651353
  7. bigdon

bigdon Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great, I'll be in Colorado for that one.

Thanks for the link. I'll try and make Bull Shoals in August.
  8. OLEARY

Oddometer:
    You are welcome for the tracks. If you have any problems opening or displaying let me know.

City Rock was going to be the Grand Finale of the ride but it didn't quite work out that way. Mdawg and I were the only ones that made it. While we were there Smedley and Phil drove by trailering Greg and Toms bike back to camp for Greg's father and brother to pick up. They didn't even see us. You could drive right by that place and not even know it was there except for the big rocks blocking vehicular traffic. That is quite a scenic spot. Thanks for the heads up on that one. :norton

Thanks Phil! I am dying to make some snarky comment about GoPro batterys but I will contain myself and hope you all can get them working one of these days. You are probably wishing that my Contour did not work so good when I got that vid of you in Meadow Creek. That is all the video I had of that area so of course I had to post it. LOL. :norton
  9. ArkieRider

ArkieRider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The few photos I took are of that creek crossing. I'll try to post them sometime in the next week or so. I guess I need to start wearing a vest with a pocket like Bo so I can have the camera more readily available. Digging it out of my waterproof pockets with gloves wasnt working...
  10. TRZ Charlie

TRZ Charlie That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer:
  11. Philb772

Oddometer:
    Yep, beginning to see the limitations on these battery's. I thought I had some good video of the River Road with Scott and one of the Honda Boys in front of me. Disappointed I miss getting that section on the GoPro. Lesson learned. Thanks for holding your tongue on the snarky comment ;-)
  12. TRZ Charlie

Oddometer:
    Phil I bought Wasabi Batteries. They don't last quite as long as the GoPro batts but do last about an hour or so. I have four batteries labeled 1-4 and then I know which I have used and which needs charging. Don't try this if you've been drinking scotch....yeah, I couldn't keep em straight. The cool thing is they can be charged on the fly.
  13. Earlevet

Earlevet ADVEarl

Oddometer:
    I will carry a couple of extra batteries. I use the remote cotrol Blue tooth device and it will shorten the battery life of camera if blue tooth is on.
  14. Earlevet

Earlevet ADVEarl

Oddometer:
    How do you charge them on the fly Charlie? Do you have a usb charger for the extra batteries?
  15. Philb772

Oddometer:
    I think at an extra battery or two is the way to go. I have a power outlet so I can charge one in the tank bag while riding .... yeah, that's it. Thanks for the good idea. Still does not help with Tim's snarky comments.
  16. TRZ Charlie

Oddometer:
    The Wasabi charger is convertible from house power to mobile power with the aid of a cigarette plug to power the charger. Mine resides in the tank bag (which is powered). The Wasabi batteries are a direct replacement which means your GoPro batteries will plug in and charge too.
  17. mdawg12

mdawg12 Old and Slow

Oddometer:
    I've got one of those Charlie. How do you keep the battery on the charger? Mine just sit on it with no positive latch.
  18. TRZ Charlie

Oddometer:
    I wrap them with a rubber band.
  19. Valentino Magoo

Valentino Magoo Like a speeding slug Supporter

Oddometer:
    High Tech Chuck.

Not stock.

...wait, are you talking birth control and wrapping them with rubber bands?
  20. Albie

Albie Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer:

Battery charger, birth control. They're interchangeable! :lol3