AR-ADV Camping Thread

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by OLEARY, Jan 12, 2011.

1. RB17

RB17 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sorry that happened to you. There are so many things you can prepare for, but a deer jumping on top of you is really not one of them. They do seem to pop out of nowhere. Hopefully you’ll have a speedy recovery and regain that grip strength.
  2. njoytheride

njoytheride NJOYN' THE JOURNEY Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wow David. Hope you are on the mend. Hate that it happened. Prayers for healing and rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. OLEARY

OLEARY Enlightened Voyager Supporter

Oddometer:
  4. Wookazoid

Wookazoid Tree Basher

Oddometer:
    Thanks for your hard work in planning these Tim. I hope to make more of these this year after only making Sylvia last year. The first one is on the same weekend as the White Rock Enduro that I am tentatively planning on running, that is if it's somewhat dry, which isn't looking too good with how the winter has been so far. If it's a mud-fest, I may try to come over to Mena. Guess we'll run back over into Oklahoma again... good stuff over there.

Also glad to see Blanchard back on the schedule. That's not too far from me.

Greg
    crownhorse likes this.
  5. OLEARY

Oddometer:
    I am looking forward to getting back over to Blanchard Springs as well. It has been a few years. Anxious to see how much has changed.
  6. jojofett

jojofett Hi, I'm Armando but most folks call me Joe

Oddometer:
    No Lake Sylvia Camp and Ride on the list or did I just miss it?
  7. ArkieRider

ArkieRider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We may have to do our own for those that aren’t riding the AR500.... which is probably most of us locally. I’m certainly up for that.
    jojofett and NateLePain like this.
  8. Wookazoid

Wookazoid Tree Basher

Oddometer:
    One thing that has changed, at least short term, is more water. If the weather pattern doesn't change, we may see more of this:
    upload_2019-2-22_12-3-2.png

Greg
  9. OLEARY

Oddometer:
    That was a first for me. Unfortunately not the last! Why do you think I scheduled it later in the year! Hoping for dryer weather this year. I have to say it was quite an eventful ride with all that water
  10. Wookazoid

Wookazoid Tree Basher

Oddometer:
    Sorry to exploit your fording techniques! That's what smart phones are for. I probably should have put that picture of Zack doing his submarine imitation over off Rand Road. That is probably more in line with what the conditions probably are right now. Last time I rode across Tomahawk Creek and Rand Road a couple of years ago, they were both totally dry.

I enjoyed Lake Sylvia last year... hope we can do a Huckleberry/Magazine ride again sometime. My wife and I were over there this past weekend in our side-by-side exploring and finally found Wildman Twin Falls (yes, they were flowing). I've been over there several times riding and trying to piece together all my GPS tracks for future rides.

Greg
  11. OLEARY

Oddometer:
    I thought about Mt. Magazine. We rode that in June in 2016. It was a hot mother down at the lower elevations but was pretty decent when riding at the higher elevations. I got the coordinates of Wildman Twin Falls and it is on some tracks that Darel shared with me but we never did make it there in 2016. Might have to try to squeeze that one in this year somehow. Did I ever share with you the tracks I have of that area? If not let me know and I will send them to you.
  12. Wookazoid

Wookazoid Tree Basher

Oddometer:
    So that's where those tracks came from. By some of the waypoint names, I though Devro came up with those. I saw Darel's name on one spot, so apparently those came from you. I've used those every time we go out there. Many thanks!

Greg
  13. NateLePain

NateLePain The Illegitimate Painter

Oddometer:
    I am too if my schedule allows. Particularly if it is in the spring.

nlp
    jojofett likes this.
  14. NateLePain

Oddometer:
    I'm game for Lake Slyvia but not 4/12-4/14. That is Moto GP weekend in Austin and I hope to be there.

Also, the Lake Sylvia Campground will not be open until 5/3/19, per the National Forest Office.

I'm planning to bring my Husqvarna to Mena, the Lord willing and the creek don't rise (too much). :lol3

nlp
    njoytheride likes this.
  15. NateLePain

Oddometer:
  16. dbarkdoll

dbarkdoll Amateur Brapper

Oddometer:
    Any details for the Queen Wilhelmina ride yet?
  17. crownhorse

crownhorse Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    GOING
  18. OLEARY

Oddometer:
    I have the Small Bike track for the Queen Wilhelmina event but I cannot post them on this forum. The OK riders that put the track together do not want them available to the public. PM me with your email address and I will send them to you.
    dbarkdoll, guavadude and Bonafide Bob like this.
  19. Wookazoid

Wookazoid Tree Basher

Oddometer:
    I'd like to go but not sure I can make it being that it's on the tail end of spring break vacation (wife is teacher). If by some odd chance I did, what range would I need for fuel? I bought sort of a cool bike about two weeks ago, an XR600R with factory Yosh exhaust and extremely fat jetting that will probably suck gas out of the OEM 2.6 gallon tank. I'm setting it up for d/s riding and won't have a larger tank by then... but sure would like to ride it.

Greg
  20. OLEARY

Oddometer:
    It looks like the longest leg is 52 miles after lunch. There is fuel where we stop for lunch. The morning leg is 37 miles.