1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

AR-ADV Camping Thread

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by OLEARY, Jan 12, 2011.

1. fotobo

fotobo KTM rider

Oddometer:
    89C11596-CBA2-47BC-9D0C-F33B8D0F7566.jpeg This was right after Jim the guy on the Kawasaki roosted Bob.
  2. fotobo

fotobo KTM rider

Oddometer:
    C6084F0D-20ED-4B9A-AE40-0D288058B432.jpeg 11A55DD1-C346-4E38-8CEF-4BE3148A0754.jpeg
    jojofett likes this.
  3. OLEARY

OLEARY Enlightened Voyager Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for sharing the photos. Need more of that. BTW, I like your style of camping.
  4. Wookazoid

Wookazoid Tree Basher

Oddometer:
    That sure looked like a lot of fun. That's a heck of a long drive from NE Arkansas, but it was worth it the last time I rode it.

Greg
  5. Shawnee Bill

Shawnee Bill Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:

I have a question about the video QW 2019 BB. At about 5 minutes there is a section that says "This is a go around a gated road that Mat found on a previous ride". Is this go around in a gpx file somewhere? I missed the ride last week so I am planning on going down and riding the Big Bike route sometime soon and would like to be ready for the go around if necessary.
    Thanks for any help you have with this.

Creekside likes this.
  6. OLEARY

Oddometer:
    Bill, yes that go-around is on the BB track that I posted. It is hard to see as I went by it a couple of times before I recognized it because of the high growth around it. Have fun!
  7. OLEARY

Oddometer:
    I heard that! Hope to see you at Blanchard Springs Ride. That should be a bit closer to home for you.
  8. ArkieRider

ArkieRider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Time to get a bit of chatter going on the BLanchard ride. That still planned to happen 14th? Who's goin?
    imxman and mckellon like this.
  9. jojofett

jojofett Hi, I'm Armando but most folks call me Joe

Oddometer:
    I plan on at least showing up for the ride, maybe stay Saturday night. We need to remind the ARA folks too.
  10. wfopete

wfopete Suffer Fools; Gladly!

Oddometer:
    Done.
  11. Pitpass

Pitpass Adventurer 85 Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm planning on riding. We riding Friday and Saturday?
  12. jojofett

jojofett Hi, I'm Armando but most folks call me Joe

Oddometer:
    So where exactly is the ride starting point on Saturday? And where's everyone camping?
  13. Wookazoid

Wookazoid Tree Basher

Oddometer:
    Has anyone heard from Tim? I guess he was still planning on organizing this one. I just sent an e-mail to him so hopefully he'll respond with any details.

Greg
  14. ArkieRider

Oddometer:
    I haven’t. Texted with Tommy some about it . For those interested , perhaps we can make a plan if Tim doesn’t chime in. We should have at least a couple of tracks we could choose from last time we rode up at Blanchard.

We may also want to discuss moving out the Long Pool ride as it looks like it conflicts with the Rally at The Rock. I’d say move LP to the 26th.
  15. Wookazoid

Wookazoid Tree Basher

Oddometer:
    I probably have a couple of tracks (small bike and a generic all bike) from years past. Not sure but I believe one of these tracks may include the old railroad bed that runs along the Middle Fork Little Red into Shirley, which potentially could be small bike only (but extremely fun and scenic). I think all the tracks do cross Roasting Ear Creek but I doubt the water level will be like this:
    upload_2019-9-5_12-5-6.png

If anyone would like to pre-ride this weekend, I can post those tracks.

Greg
  16. ArkieRider

Oddometer:
    I’d be up for a pre-ride Saturday if anybody else wanted to meet up. I’m pretty sure I have at least one track for up there and Tommy was gonna grab one from Bo from years ago. Post up the one you have or email to me if you don’t want to post it. After it’s scoped out, We could ride the opposite direction come the actual ride.

Smedleyadv@gmail.com
  17. Wookazoid

Wookazoid Tree Basher

Oddometer:
    E-mail sent.

Greg
  18. ArkieRider

Oddometer:
    Got it...thanks
  19. OLEARY

Oddometer:
    Sorry for being late to respond but I have been traveling for work and way busy. I do not think I am going to make it next weekend. My wife has some medical tests in LR this next week that run thru Friday so I will be out of pocket. I will post up some tracks from years past that you can choose from. The Red River Run is always a good ride. Haven't been over there for several years. You'all have fun and post some photos. Will get some tracks up tomorrow. In the past we have camped at Jacks Resort on the White River just north of Mountain View. I think that info is in the schedule if you know how to find that. It is at the first page of this thread.
  20. ArkieRider

Oddometer:
    Hey Tim. Sorry to hear you won’t make it next weekend. Pray all goes well with your wife.

Weather looking sketchy for next week at the moment but we’ll see. I have the track that run across the bridge in Shirley and along River Road. I’m planning to run that route if all are in agreement