AR Rides to Chail [INDIA]

Discussion in 'Asia' started by AdrenalineRider, Jun 5, 2006.

1. AdrenalineRider

AdrenalineRider FuzzRides

Oddometer:
    :p
    Hi all here we are once again with another ride to Himachal :D
    here is the trip log .... read and see the pics and Enjoy ;D

Intro:
    I left to Yogesh's place where he decided to hit the roads and discover jungles near Chail area along with him was Darkside [ Shamik] .... I was wondering if I was gonna do Solo trip to rotang-la or chail ..... ......

Trip Log:
    2nd june - night arround 12o'clock .... was not feeling sleepy and checking some maps to desitination unknown :D
    didnt know where to go and what to explore. Where to start with and where to end up.
    3rd June - Early morning 1:30 am
    Started packing my bags and getting ready to leave for some where I had never been.
    3:00 am - Left home to office and get some cash frm ATM and meet up with fellow club members
    4:30 am - Called up my friends Yogi and Shamik to get some update on the plans they had, found out that some other club was doing the same route which I had decided. .... GGrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    4:45 am - Said by to all and left to NH 1
    All that was in mind was SOLO ride ...
    [​IMG]
    ;D --- Shortly after hitting NH-1 .... was cruising at 90kmph was lovly weather which was like a shield frm heat ...
    7:00 am - Near Karnal road found my self over taking 15 odd bikers and met up with my old friend Bunny ;)
    7:15 am - Stoped over at Saini Dhaba for some Parathas and coffee and some fags ....
    7:30 am - I was joined by none other than my old buddies Yogesh and Shamik
    [​IMG]
    Sat there in the Dhaba and had chit chat about the rides and talked over and made a plan
    9:00 am - Left frm Kurnal and Aimed for next stop near Shimla
    soon after few hours of constant cruising we were hitting the foot hills of Himlayas
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Shortly after we hit Roads to HImlaya after Kalka
    I was doing 80-90 kmph and leaning on curves and scrapping my bikes foot pegs [ NOT ADVISABLE TO NEW RIDERS]
    And stopped over at every possible place where I could enjoy the beauty of Himalaya
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The Rain and Hills when mixed you will get the best out of Nature...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Greenary Every where with Animals arround Bird flying and few drops of rain makes my day for sure ....
    On the way to Chail
    We saw this stream of water flowing .... we could not resist getting our selfs a lil wet ...
    Went off road and made our own track and got down to the bottom of the hill
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rain and Hills when combine... you get the best of Nature...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sun was setting and we were feeling the cold .... Temperature arround 6 - 8 degrees in the evening ....
    We found a hotel which was one of few over there....
    Just Rs. 500 for a decent room .....
    All night I and Darky drinking Vodka and chips and talking about our experience on other touring ....
    Yogi [ NEVER DRINKS OR SMOKES] { GOOD BOY} .. was also active in conversation ;D ;D ;D
    Next morning I woke up arround 5:00 am and didnt allow any one to sleep ...:D:D:D:D
    All got up and again started chit chatting ...arrond 7:00 am we were al set to get our bikes and go for more exploration but first COFFEE .... 8)
    Had a cup of coffee and started exploring the surrounding of Chail
    And some real steap climb for our bikes.... belive me they were steap .... had to engance 1 st gear and climb at 6k RPM ....
    Enjoy some more pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Then there was worlds highest cricket ground :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    After 30 odd mins of looking at the place, I went on with further exploration of the area...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Then Met up with Yogi and Shamik and had breakfast .... food was decent and you will also find lots of monkeys in the area ...
    [​IMG]
    After a while, I and Yogi decided to go off road and get inside the forest
    The view was amazing but got stuck twice coz of mad bull charging on the way :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Well that was enough of exploration and we headed to Kufri but once we were there we didnt stop even for a min coz of the heavy croud, never thought it was so crouded at this time whn there is no snow ...lolz...
    [​IMG]
    We cruised down the hill towards Shimla and found our old buddy Salil and his friend doing same route but going further to Spiti
    [​IMG]
    After meeting up with them left for Delhi and I was racing down Shimla road coz I love tht road..
    was doing 80 - 90 with engine turned off most of the times...
    Taking turns and scraping foot rest most of the times...
    And then I lost out Yogi and Shamik on the way back ... May b i was a lil too fast ....cruising at 90+ kmph once i hit two lane highway ...
    Came back home at 12 night
    [​IMG]
    Preparing for more exploration ....within this week
    Total km on Odo frm home and back
    Total Distance - 987 km
    Fuel - 18.5 lts
    Mileage - 53.5kmpl
    Time taken frm Shimla to Delhi excluding breaks - 5 hrs : 27 mins
  2. ghostdncr

ghostdncr Burnin' daylight...

Oddometer:
    The beauty of India and you guys' ride reports never cease to amaze me!
  3. AdrenalineRider

Oddometer:
    Thanks buddy, would be doing another trip tomroow moring to one of the highest road way on earth. Would keep you all updated :D

:freaky
  4. LeglessOne

LeglessOne Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great Pics and report AR:clap :clap :D

Looks lovely:deal
  5. upshift

upshift Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Very cool, beautiful scenery and a very enjoyable report. Many thanks for sharing. :thumb
  6. bmsteve

bmsteve steve

Oddometer:
    great report and pics.brought back memories goin through India in '92. Though I didn't scrap the pegs on the R65. Well, only when we got pushed off the road by the Tatas...:evil

steve
  7. AdrenalineRider

Oddometer:
    Things have changed a lot frm 92 buddy.... its been 14 yrs and roads are in much better shape than before .... Why not come again ... and explore the vast ranges of Himalays :wink:

Here is a pic which would remind you of the real Himalaya

[​IMG]
  8. AdrenalineRider

Oddometer:
    Sun Set view over the montains...:D

[​IMG]
  9. mujiburrahman

mujiburrahman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great sun set