AR SLAP Trax

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Central, Texas & Gulf States' started by DrLewall, Feb 17, 2011.

1. burmbuster

burmbuster Long timer

Oddometer:
    Need a little direction and help from my NW Arky friends. I will make my annual trek to my favorite organized ride, the Arky 500 in April. I am trying to get a plan together that will have me park at Scott's place in Eureka Springs on Monday and roll back in on Thursday. That way I can make a week of it. The only leg that I am positive about as far as tracks is Oleary's 2013 Arky 500 Day 2 track. I will camp off of the bike each night at different camp grounds. So right now I stay the first night at Mulberry Campground. Any suggestions for the other legs that will link me back to Eureka Springs? No pavement or a little as possible. Small bike tracks are fine. I will be traveling alone with camping gear however if anyone wants to join they are more than welcome to, if its even for a day. My tank will take me 130 miles. Prefer super unleaded for stops but I can take some boost if need be. @OLEARY ? @bohawk ?

View attachment AR500 Day 2.gpx

Thanks in advance! Hope you all have a Merry Christmas!
  2. guavadude

guavadude Dirt Nap Enthusiast

Oddometer:
    If it was me, I'd camp before the Ar500 at Byrd's. You'll be in a good central location to go check out a lot of stuff like Long Pool that isn't usually covered in the AR500. Best of all you can ride without being loaded down with gear and you'll also be close to Oark cafe and the restaurant at Byrd's. There will be more than likely be people to hang out with at Byrd's too.
    burmbuster likes this.
  3. burmbuster

burmbuster Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thats a good idea, thanks for the suggestion. It would be easier by going the "base camp" way. I am sure there are a lot of tracks from there that were in the SLAP rides. Guess its time to do some more diggin.
  4. guavadude

Oddometer:
    I've uploaded my library of tracks organized by region/ride to dualsportmaps.com. All the links to that and the Google maps and google drive are in the link below. I like to use Google maps for a quick overview, Satellite and street views and it's search engine. Dualsportmaps.com is better for downloads/overview because the waypoint icons don't become generic like they do in Google maps. Google drive is a backup, good for downloads that are direct from my Basecamp library but you can't see the files without importing into Basecamp first.

Ride safe and stay thirsty my friends!

Guavadude's Tracks Library
    http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/guavadudes-tracks-library-central.1224812/
  5. burmbuster

burmbuster Long timer

Oddometer:

Thanks. Man thats a great help!
    guavadude likes this.
  6. guavadude

Oddometer:
    No problemo. You might also ride up and check out Donny's place. I forget what it's called but it's in those SLAP gpx files. Should also be info in the 2017 SLAP thread since he let everyone ride there to try it out. That would be a cool area to check out and Donny could show you around so you're not riding alone.
  7. burmbuster

burmbuster Long timer

Oddometer:
    Buffalo Ranch or something like that. Yeah, I was planning on giving him a shout and at least drop in for an afternoon tour if he has time.
  8. dreezy

dreezy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just wanted to drop in and say thanks to everyone who has contributed thus far. I would also like to ask if anyone has any tracks for Huckleberry South of the interstate near Clarksville.

Preferably singletrack or challenging stuff. Thanks in advance!
  9. dewey405

dewey405 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So are there any 'required' tracks you all recommend? I have a wr450 so I want to hit some fun and challenging stuff but I'm also relatively new at the smaller bike stuff. Thanks for any advice.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk
  10. Snake Oiler

Snake Oiler If the world didn't suck, we would all fall off

Oddometer:
    Pennsylvania, but living in a toy hauler full-time
    Awesome guys. I'm glad I found this thread. I'll be out later this year. November 17th? Hopefully hang around a few weeks to a month if the weather holds off.

Planning on staying around the little rock area, but that could be charged. Hauling the X Challenge out and hopefully get some motocamping in.

If anyone wants to hook up for a few days or just a ride it would be nice.

Thanks
  11. nevada72

nevada72 Milwaukeeish

Oddometer:
    I would head a bit north of Little Rock personally. Hot Springs at a minimum. Eureka Springs or Harrison ideally.
    CrankAddict likes this.
  12. Themastermike

Themastermike Think you caught me in a coma Supporter

Oddometer:
    Purty sure if you get into Missouri it is deer season, FWIW.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
  13. Snake Oiler

Snake Oiler If the world didn't suck, we would all fall off

Oddometer:
    Pennsylvania, but living in a toy hauler full-time
    I figured north of the rock , but I worried about the cold weather getting to the trailer while I was away from it. But I really don't have plans anywhere as of yet. And moto camping the cold night or two wouldn't kill me coming from Western Pennsylvania.

Arkansas would be my first stop of a vacation.
  14. advmgm

advmgm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Its called Wilderness Rider Buffalo Ranch near Kingston AR.

Lots of great DS riding in that area.
    mo_rider and Snake Oiler like this.
  15. CrankAddict

CrankAddict Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Does anyone have a gpx for the Arkansas part of the trans American Trail? I just want the Ar portion. If someone could upload it or direct me to it I'd be great full
  16. guavadude

Oddometer:
    I have the full gpsKevin version. There are so many tracks, in segments. I just selected AR and copied into a new list.

Attached Files:

CrankAddict likes this.
  17. CrankAddict

Oddometer:

Thank you sir.
  18. CrankAddict

Oddometer:
    Also, when you all say its not "big bike" friendly what do you consider a big bike?
  19. guavadude

Oddometer:
    Most people refer to big bike as anything over 500cc but some lighter 650s might slip in. YMMV

I prefer the term Big Bike Antagonistic
    CrankAddict likes this.