Arai Dealer in Calgary?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Thumpin'650, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Thumpin'650

Thumpin'650 Livin2SedatelyLately.....

Oddometer:
    Hello all,

I am wondering if anyone can direct me to a reputable dealer who sells Arai in Calgary? My son is going up next week and I would like for him to pick me up an Arai XD if he can find me one. Any recomendations? Depending on the exchange rate, and the fact I cant find one here close to me in MT, it might be advantageous for me to go this route.

I want the Motard Black in a size medium.:deal

Thanks

Mike
  2. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    Steen Hansen is the importer, and they're based in Calgary. Try Blackfoot, they're pretty big.
  3. RED CAT

RED CAT Bumpy Backroader

Oddometer:
    Universal Cycle has a good selection of Arai XDs.
  4. 81twins

81twins Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Where is Universal located? Was at Blackfoot, Healy, GW and another store in the NE last week and none had the XD in stock...
  5. RedNeil

RedNeil n00b

Oddometer:
    If you're hunting for a helmet in cowtown over the next few days, I suggest going to GW cycle. Blackfoot may be big, but GW will offer some personal fitting services. Talk to Brad and he'll take the time to make sure you get the right fit. They're having a moving sale and most of their helmet stock is 25% off. I'm on vaction next week, but when I return I'm going to pick up a new helmet through them. If you know what you want. they'll order it in and have it waiting for you.
    Here's their link.
    http://www.gwcycleworld.com/

RedNeil
  6. mountainpete

mountainpete Outdoor use only

Oddometer:
  7. tokenboy

tokenboy Gnirly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Steen Hansen is based in Edmonton and you can not buy directly from them.

That being said, I prefer to deal with GW Cycle. They carry Arai, but when I was in the other day, no XDs in stock (Might be tough to find any local dealers that have them stocked). They will all order them in no problem. Shouldn't take more than a few days to get one in.

I do not know if it is true or not, but from what the guys at the dealership tell me, Steen Hansen blows goats as a supplier and they have started getting stuff from Tucker Rocky with better avaiability and prices (My RX7-Corsair was knocked down nicely last year).
  8. Thumpin'650

Thumpin'650 Livin2SedatelyLately.....

Oddometer:
    Even with the exchange thats like $675 US!!!!!:huh (Or is that the "American teenager" rate??):deal Ebay they are between 400-525US. Whats up with the mark up? Whats a set of Pirelli MT21's go for up there $400????

Mike
  9. sunio

sunio Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Try Simon at Topendz.com. I picked one up for $631 CAD including taxes just a week ago. He's in Toronto however. I am sure he can ship to Calgary for few bucks. There won't be any brokerage charges if shipped to canadian address. The cheapest XD I found in Toronto was $668+taxes (15%) and that was supposingly once in life time sale kind of thing. Normaly all shops sell them for something like $769+tax!!!. What a rip off...
  10. rokdktr

rokdktr Adventure North

Oddometer:
    retail in Canada is 790 for plain color, 850 for multi colors and the motard fades........US is cheaper but I got fidgety about having no warranty so I bought at Universal Cycle....great guys, good service.....and I got a very nice helmet!