Arai Defiant-X Helmet Review | WebBikeWorld

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by TomServo, Jun 2, 2019.

1. TomServo

TomServo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I had the new Defiant-X helmet from Arai in the house for evaluation and this one is quite the roller coaster ride. There are ups and downs across the board here which isn’t what I expected from a premium helmet maker like Arai.

Make no mistake the paint, graphics, and finish are superb and this Snell rated helmet is certainly tough and protective, but close inspection reveals some minor issues. These would be more easily overlooked on a helmet at half the price, but at over $800.00 (USD) in this particular graphic version, I find these disappointing.

Hit the link below for the full review over at WebBikeWorld
    https://www.webbikeworld.com/arai-defiant-x-helmet-hands-on-review/

Arai-DefiantX14.jpg Arai-DefiantX28.jpg Arai-DefiantX35.jpg Arai-DefiantX47.jpg
    PTJCAL likes this.
  2. jamie521

jamie521 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I bought one last summer. Best helmet I’ve ever owned. All-day comfortable, no break in. It flows A TON of air. Took it on a 4000 mile trip. Couldn’t have been happier.
  3. woodsxr

woodsxr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have had one for a couple years.
    My favorite rain helmet.
    The pinlok does great for keeping the shield from fogging up. Been in heavy rain, snow and hail with no water getting in.
    The venting is great.
    My only issue is the chin spoiler is shallow and gets close to my face keeping me from using an intercom system