1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Are we allowed to discuss the non-advrider sale of our old 2 stroke?

Discussion in '2 smokers' started by redlabelmoto, May 2, 2020.

1. redlabelmoto

redlabelmoto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Let’s say I put my vintage bike for sale on another site. I wouldn’t have it listed here in any of the advrider flea market forums. It wouldn’t be on evil-bay.

Am I allowed to make a thread here that discusses the bike and it’s sale process on a different website? The bike is interesting enough that some folks might like talking about it.

I don’t want to break any rules nor ruffle any feathers. One time I made a comment in this guys XL600 thread that I had merely seen it advertised somewhere else other than advrider and I thought his bike was cool. I got all sorts of nasty messages saying I had done something wrong and all my posts and pm’s with the owner were deleted/forbidden. Jeez!

https://advrider.com/f/threads/sold-1985-honda-xl600-lmf-paris-dakar-sold-in-bend-oregon.1431552/

So clearly making reference to other sites is frowned upon. Funny thing is the guy I referred to the owner of the XL600 drove to Oregon and bought the bike.
    spokester likes this.
  2. dlearl476

dlearl476 Two-bit Throttle Bum Supporter

Oddometer:
    I see you've met Retro.
  3. ScottMalv

ScottMalv Stay Thirsty!

Oddometer:
    there were quite a few of us that were interested in that bike, so please, do tell