Are you job retired GS owner?

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by Jetskifast, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Jetskifast

Jetskifast Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Retired last year at 57.
    My retirement present to me, BMW 1250GSA.
    Motorcycle rider 40 years.
    Mostly sport bikes, but love my 2002 BMW F650GS, still have.
    Already done Vancouver island trip, on new bike.
    Many more trips planned in future, on my GS.
  2. SFDemo

SFDemo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm quasi-retired too. I retired last November due to aging out at 57 and in June from the military after over 30 years each. I'm planning on buying a new GSA in the next couple of years once the next kid is out of the house. Been riding for close to 50 years, on an 05 GS for now.Rode the Trans Lab last year and heading to Moab on my dualsport KLX450 in October. I’ve owned a little of everything and compete in AHRMA when I can
    IMG_0566.jpg
    Uke, mikegc, gadgettr1 and 1 other person like this.
  3. cpallen

cpallen Nearly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm fully retired at 65. Moved from the pacific northwest to the midwest (where I was born and raised) to be closer to and watch over my aging parents. I just joined my first-ever motorcycle club, associated with the BMW MOA. I plan to do more motorcycle traveling than I did when I had more work and family responsibilities.
    Uke and Rockred like this.
  4. TUCKERS

TUCKERS the famous james

Oddometer:
    Villa Maria Sanitarium, Claremont, CA. USA
    The Mrs Tucker and myself retired in 2004. Both GS riders....done approx 250,000 miles each since 2000 on various RSL/GS’s....and some more on DR650’s! Currently on a one month 6000 mile short USA tour on a pair of hexhead GS.
  5. StevieVVet

StevieVVet Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Retired at 59 1/2, now 71.Had a 03 BMW K1200GT till my wife said to get something new. Got the 100lb lighter 2015 R1200GS. Ride about 5-6K a year. Leaving for Birmingham in early October for the Barber Vintage bike races. Going via Helen, GA then Chattanooga TN. Mostly back roads I got off the web.

It's flatlandia here on the coast, but do at least two weeks each year in the GA, SC, NC, VA mountains. Had to build a ratchet system to get the bike up when I drop it. Happened in my garage and the wife said you can't go away alone if you can't pick the bike up. Necessity is the mother of invention.
  6. interiorak

interiorak Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    retired 2013. 74 years young now. Just sold the 95R1100GS. Loved that it never failed me ... but is simply too heavy for me now and intended AK use. Fourth season with 2014 G650 GS Sertao. Still a maintenance nightmare. Still afraid it will break down again (and again) if i ride it out of town. Luckily i have my bullet proof 2013 DR650 if i really want to get anywhere dirt/gravel two track in Alaska/Canada. Continue to ride and love the 81 R80 GS airhead. Mostly love the 2010 RT and 15 R9T hexheads. Would never get a newer gizmo GS. Never talked to a traveler up here whose new improved electric doodad widjet continues trouble free. I know it just me ... i no longer have fun getting stranded in the middle of nowhere.
    Uke likes this.
  7. mikegc

mikegc Long timer Super Supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
    I retired a bit over 4 years ago. My business partner still gives me grief saying I quasi-retired thirty years ago. Since then, I've been to Alaska three times and have made several trips from NC to the Rockies and the west coast. I've just signed up for a big ride next year.

Mike
    Uke likes this.
  8. Antvera

Antvera Adventurer

Oddometer:
    +1
    [​IMG]
  9. yobuddy

yobuddy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am 63 and retired a year ago. Still riding my 2013 GSA (57k miles) been on many camping events since retirement. Things will slow down a bit in the winter but will still be riding.
  10. jmb711

jmb711 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Retired 5 years ago at 59..Always wanted a GSA since seeing the Paris/Dakar models in the 90's. Picked up a lightly used 2017 GSA and its my off pavement ride. Come visit Nevada 'the big empty" boys! Just south of Twin buttes on NP 2084 heading south.jpg Lake bed 3.jpg Rain or what.jpg Up above Jungo Rd.jpg
  11. otto

otto Long timer

Oddometer:
    I retired at 57 also, that was 12 years ago. I've been riding over 50 years and I'm loving my 1200 GS Adv. Enjoy your youth. :lol3
    mikegc likes this.
  12. mung

mung Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    SFDemo, How have you managed so many years on a 05 GS? I have had my 04 GSA since new and I have only managed 16 years on mine. Yahoo !
  13. cpallen

cpallen Nearly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I think you missed the comma. Must be gettin old.
    :-)
  14. mung

mung Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Jeez, had to kick up the magnifier to 20x and then I saw it!
    cpallen and SFDemo like this.
  15. Rider2

Rider2 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm 66 now, retired 4 years ago. Traded my 15 RT for a 16 GSA 4 weeks after my last day. Ran the warranty out on mileage in 10 months. I'm glad for the big tank, there are places in Canada where only 200 miles of gas could strand you.
    20190814_131229.jpg
    otto likes this.
  16. popscycle

popscycle Fahren Away Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I retired at 50, 55, 60 and finally 65, after which I was/am mostly retired but still doing a little company work now and then. I was in my 70s when the kids convinced me to lose the cruisers and go to a GS. I'm still riding about 10K a year, mostly day trips down favorite roads, sometimes taking pictures of things that might interest others.

[​IMG]

Each year, though, miles ridden slip some while Advil consumption increases some. All things considered, it's a good problem to have.
    mikegc, Uke and OGOBRacing like this.
  17. Uke

Uke visualist Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Like your choice of gear, speaking about the packing of a tripod. :clap

mikegc and popscycle like this.