Arizona apparel store?

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by bsquared, Oct 2, 2005.

1. bsquared

bsquared Big Pimpin

Oddometer:
    I moved to the Phoenix area recently and was wondering if there is large motorcycle apparel store anywhere nearby. By large I mean that they have more than one jacket in the store that fits me @ 6'3" , 260. I moved from Socal and never realized how lucky I as to have Chaparral ( motorcycle equiv of Wal Mart ) in my backyard!!! I would just like to be able to try on several types of 3/4 textile jackets before I buy one. Any advice appreciated.
  2. Ignore Amos

Ignore Amos bruised, dazed & confused

Oddometer:
  3. bsquared

bsquared Big Pimpin

Oddometer:
    Yeah I went to both cyclegear stores all that they have is the kilimanjaro and kili air, but they said that they could "order anything that i want to buy" which is ridiculous because if I felt like rolling the dice and hoping that it fit correctly and that I liked it in person, I would just order it on MAW or otherwise online and save 40%-60% of the cash. What I am looking for is a store that has maybe the kili air, something from tourmaster, and a couple of other brands of 3/4 jackets that I can try on and compare/contrast to decide which is the best for me.
    It is like buying shoes, how the hell do you know what fits well enough to wear without trying them on? I think that I may be SOL though.
  4. Ignore Amos

Ignore Amos bruised, dazed & confused

Oddometer:
    The local BMW dealer here in Tucson has a pretty good selection of Jackets- but of course that's a 100 mile ride- maybe give them a call to see if it would be worth it...IronHorse Motorcycles 520-327-0773 one of the better dealers in the West. YMMV
  5. Guzz

Guzz Gutless wonder

Oddometer:
    I was just at Iron Horse Saturday. Their selection is limited, right now. Not sure why, I didn't ask.

But get out the phone book, there are a ton of motocycle apparel shops around. The hard part is trying to decide which one to go to, it's a bit overwhelming sometimes.
  6. DOD

DOD rider #5

Oddometer:
    Victory BMW in chandler has some nice stuff. I don't know about sizes. The guys at Helmet Harbor are nice to deal with. I don't know how much clothing they carry.
  7. bsquared

bsquared Big Pimpin

Oddometer:
    yeah I've been by the helmet harbor and the guys there were great to deal with and he felt my pain as they specialize in helmets (who woulda thunk it?) and didn't have anything for me to try on in a 3/4 jacket. I guess I will just bite the bullet and get a Large Tall kilimanjaro air from MAW and hope that it fits. I really wanted to try out the tourmaster before I bought though. Oh well thanks for all of the replies!
  8. gungnir

gungnir Norse adventurer

Oddometer:
    There is also Town & Country Motorsports in Chandler, Desert Motorsports in Scottsdale and Motorcycle Accessory Store in Mesa worth checking out.
  9. Guzz

Guzz Gutless wonder

Oddometer:
    There are 89 Motorcycle accessory shops in the metro area.

Dexonline results

Start sorting through them.
  10. bsquared

bsquared Big Pimpin

Oddometer:
    The question I had was if there were any LARGE accessory shops (like chapparal motorsports which has on the order of 30 or so models of 3/4 jackets by several manufacturers) where I might try them all on and decide which was the best. I am aware that there are many little shops that might have 1 jacket to try on in my size, I have been to ten or so. Except for the BMW dealership, 2 had the same kili air that was my size. Touring around to 89 stores would take up 2 or three weekends which could be better spent in other ways so this is why I asked if there were any LARGE accessory shops, and not a question to which I already knew the answer; are there ANY accessory shops in the phoenix metro.

This post is now moot because I decided to buy a BMW Savanna 2 today which was more than I wanted to spend but I will likely forget how much I paid for it soon. Thanks for the responses