Arizona BDR last call for interested riders!

Discussion in 'Americas' started by Ojai Rob, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Ojai Rob

Ojai Rob Adventurer

Oddometer:
    A small group of us are doing the Arizona BDR on our GSA's and we had a few back out so there are only two of us going. If your interested in crusing with us, we are hitting the road November 4th of 2018 (next week!) and if you can ride, camp and not bitch, then reach out and your welcome to ride along!

Cheers folks and stay tuned for pics and ride reports!

Ojai Rob..
    jnyrav likes this.
  2. jnyrav

jnyrav Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Would have loved to have joined...I barely bitch at all!

Looking forward to the reports!!
  3. Ojai Rob

Ojai Rob Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Heck yeah man! We roll out from Ojai CA and should be in the hood along Trump wall tomorrow eveningish and then The reports will start flowing!
    jnyrav likes this.
  4. Ojai Rob

Ojai Rob Adventurer

Oddometer:
    0FAA634C-5794-41F5-B88B-FBFC1E3C1D68.jpeg A985388A-13E8-4C0D-9E85-6BE74AB01AD5.jpeg 9D61B4C9-2DCB-40B4-BC24-33788F797316.jpeg 9D61B4C9-2DCB-40B4-BC24-33788F797316.jpeg A985388A-13E8-4C0D-9E85-6BE74AB01AD5.jpeg 0FAA634C-5794-41F5-B88B-FBFC1E3C1D68.jpeg AZBDR section in the books! It took us two hours and Road conditions are perfect!

:clap
    AzMtnThumper likes this.
  5. Ojai Rob

Ojai Rob Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Correction on the road conditions as of November 8th 2018. The second half of section 1 was super technical due to the October rains. So make sure you’re with a buddy or two if your on big bikes like ours. I also would say it’s more of an advanced section as there are washouts at most of the dry creek crossings and a lot of baby head and bigger hill climbs out of those creek beds.
  6. Snake Oiler

Snake Oiler If the world didn't suck, we would all fall off

Oddometer:
    Pennsylvania, but living in a toy hauler full-time
    I'll be at the beginning of the AZBDR next week. Not sure if I'll be on it tho. Just another stop on my winter break. Just spent a month in New Mexico and figured Arizona should be next. But I'm sure there's snow even in the southern mountains after this week's weather
  7. Ojai Rob

Ojai Rob Adventurer

Oddometer:
    There certainly will be! If you make to the start of the CABDR, reach out and im down to do some or all of it!
  8. Snake Oiler

Snake Oiler If the world didn't suck, we would all fall off

Oddometer:
    Pennsylvania, but living in a toy hauler full-time
    That has definitely crossed my mind more than once. Just not sure when I can make it. After a few weeks in Se Arizona I'm to return to New Mexico to meet with an Inmate for some riding. Then a quick return to Pennsylvania for a doctor's appointment then back out here. Probably get back begin/mid March. But might be hooking up for a grand canyon ride with another group of X-challenge riders.

What do you think doing the entire CABDR would take ? It would be nice to do it full length.
  9. Ojai Rob

Ojai Rob Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I would say if your speaking of just the southern route, than about a week. But it depends on your skillset and drive! I am not sure if i will be around in march as I am riding my bike down to Costa Rica in late February and not sure if i am leaving my bike down there or riding it back.
    Snake Oiler likes this.