Arizona: DAM Ride for Fall Color

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by Rogue Scout, Jul 30, 2006.

1. Brain

Brain mr. self destruct

Oddometer:
    I just looked at the forest map and picked roads that headed west. I started at Highway 180 and forest road 222. At an intersection I went left to 222A (map shows 519 and 519A before it turns to 222A). There are signs that helped point me in the right direction. 222A connects to F/R 117 and I turned left and headed towards I 40. When I got there I turned right and paralleled I 40 on a mix of dirt and two lane. At Parks you pick up part of old Route 66. The next turn I only found after having to backtrack. When you come to a T intersection with access to I 40 just passed the turn to enter I 40 turn left on <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:Street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">Deer Farm Road</st1:address></st1:Street>. Its paved for a bit then turns to dirt and back to pavement where you get on I 40 and back off at exit 165. It was a great ride with lots to see and also lots of open range and cows.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
  2. Brain

Brain mr. self destruct

Oddometer:
    I also want to add what seemed very funny to me at the time. On Sunday when we left camp and hit 180 Photogbiker took off first on the pavement and all the dust on him and his bike was blowing off. It looked just like Pig Pen‘s dust cloud in Charlie Brown. It must of lasted for half a mile. Well any way I guess you had to be there. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
  3. Kural

Kural Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Brain, I love your sense of humor! You crack me up! :rofl
  4. Rogue Scout

Rogue Scout Instigator Deluxe

Oddometer:
    Fishing. Worms. :lol3
  5. bbolesaz

bbolesaz AZ Airhead GS'er

Oddometer:
  6. 2 SPOT

2 SPOT bring the rape whistle

Oddometer:
    i did not this w/e, but have been there several times, woulda been a cool side treck with the group huh?.
  7. Rat Bones

Rat Bones Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    WOW looks like that was a fun weekend. I did think if you all when I was WORKING:cry

Excellent photo's, enjoyed them.

c-ya on the road some time.