Arizona, moab, colorado, Idaho, Washington, montana... oh my

Discussion in 'Americas' started by 07jkx, Oct 25, 2020.

1. 07jkx

07jkx Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    After a crazy year full of limitless work, restricted travel and little free time... next summer is mine. Planning a 3 month run in the most beautiful parts of our country. Looking for local riders or guides that would like to show an out of towner some favorite trails.

First stop will probably be Moab around june. Anyone have recommended folks to show a tourist around? I'll have my husky fe350 and gear. I know there is no such thing as a free lunch so I am happy to pay!

I would say I am mainly a solo traveler having completed the TAT, TET, DakAL and a few others, but I ride very reserved when alone and often find myself wishing I had a riding partner so I could challenge myself on more difficult terrain. Dont let this confuse you as me being a hard enduro fan boy, but a little suffering is part of the fun. I just don't enjoy miles and miles of crawling, bike overheating crush fests. Lol

Anyways, any input and guidance is appreciated!
    Snake Oiler likes this.
  2. Strong Bad

Strong Bad Former World's Foremost Authority Supporter

Oddometer:
    I don't know about local trail knowledge but I think you should look at incorporating Backcountry Byways' Heart of the West (HOW) loop route into your plans.

https://advrider.com/f/threads/heart-of-the-west-adv-roundabout.845500/

We did it with our sidecar rig and it was awesome. It was just very slightly more technical than the CDR. Tony's route doesn't have junk mileage just to be in the dirt, but rather he directs you through very specific places you could otherwise miss. Also a nice thing about it being a loop is that it allows you to start and or stop where it is most convenient to your plans.
    byways and 07jkx like this.
  3. 07jkx

07jkx Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Had never heard of this before now. Ill definitely check it out. Just finished the CDR in may/June. I may have been a bit early in the season though. Ha

Attached Files:

Strong Bad and Snake Oiler like this.
  4. Strong Bad

Strong Bad Former World's Foremost Authority Supporter

Oddometer:
    @byways is really great with staying in contact with people out on his routes and will pass along intel from those who are also out there or recently passed through.